This virtualised version of the CS-01 is in the form of a Propellerhead Reason Rack Extension instrument Called ES-01 that emulates the hardware Yamaha CS-01 quite closely whilst adding new features to the existing engine, most notably with per example sub-oscillator, unison as well as polyphony.
For those who may not have come across it before, the Yamaha CS-01 was a low price analog monosynth prized for lead and bass sounds.
- VCO with 5 waveforms including triangle, sawtooth, square, rectangle, and PWM
- Feet Selector from 32? to 4? with “WN” (white noise) setting
- Sub Oscillator with selectable waveforms (-1 or -2 octaves) including noise
- VCO/Sub Oscillator mixer
- VCF with default 12 dB/octave filter and option for 24 dB/octave slope
- LFO with 5 waveforms including sine, triangle, saw, square and random
- Glissando with options for “stepped” or “smooth” transitions between notes
- ADSR Envelope Generator
- Prerouted Breath Control
- Touch Data Programmer with 16 slot modulation matrix (divided into two pages)
- Wide sounding unison
- Polyphony (16 voices, 8 voices with unison engaged)
- Analog Drift and Noise settings on the back panel
- Pitch Bend range of +/-24
- Optional extended ranges for VCF, LFO, PWM Speed, and Mod Wheel
- Tempo Sync options for LFO and PWM
- CV Inputs: Gate, Note, Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend, BC, 4 assignable
- CV Outputs: LFO, 4 assignable
- Over 300 presets
The virtualization for the DAW Reason also works with an oscillator, which outputs the five waveforms triangle, sawtooth, square, Rectangle and PWM. For a thick bass foundation, there is also a sub-oscillator including noise generator. All signals can be mixed in the mixer and then filtered in the low-pass filter (12/24 db). Envelope generators, modulation matrix, glissando options and an LFO make effortlessly crisp bass, wobbles, continuous leads, effect sounds and more.
Since this version also works polyphonically, chords and fat pads are also possible. Analog drift and noise settings also underpin the vintage charm of the original. As is usual for Reason instruments, there are also CV inputs / outputs in order to realise wild cross-connections with other Reason instruments / effects.
The ES-01 from Ekssperimental Sounds is now available in the Propellerhead shop for 59 euros. After March 31, the currently reduced price rises to a regular price of 79 euros.