Email activation problems

All site announcements, changes and notifications are posted here. Please check from time to time.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Email activation problems

Unread post by Saul »

We seem to be having issues with activation emails going out of the forum at the moment. Also, internal pm's are affected.

I think we can resolve the internal messages but the email thing has been going on for a few weeks with no solution in sight. Other forums are experiencing the same issues so I think this may be a phpbb thing.

I am working on a fix which hopefully will not be too far off.

Saul
Site Admin

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Email activation problems

Unread post by Saul »

I "think" we may have sorted the activation email issues for now.

If anyone is not receiving their activation emails etc please let me know?

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
STEPHENERNESTS

Unread post by STEPHENERNESTS »

I figure we can resolve the inner messages yet the email thing has been continuing for half a month with not a single answer for be found. Different gatherings are encountering similar issues so I figure this might be a phpbb thing.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

The email activation issue has been resolved.

It is indeed an issue with phpbb although to be fair to the developers, it is not actually anything they have done. It is the huge number of sites using phpbb and the fact that a sizeable minority are either hacked and sending out spam emails or the owners themselves are sending out large numbers of email. This has resulted in services like Hotmail, blocking activation emails from a phpbb forum.

The only way around that is to use an external SMTP service. It is not free for a forum this size but I think the cost to benefit ratio is definitely in our favour :)

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook