Forum Registration - Answer The Questions!

All site announcements, changes and notifications are posted here. Please check from time to time.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Forum Registration - Answer The Questions!

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Just wanted to re-emphasize the importance of answering the questions on the registration form when signing up to this forum.

Apart from the normal registration stuff, there are three questions at the bottom of the form that must be answered. Most people do answer them however a number of people it seems can't be bothered and just stick a number or a single word in there. Anyone doing that from now on simply won't get onto the forum. If you can't be bothered to give us a few words about how you found us, what instruments you own or are interested in etc then obviously you have no need of our forum.

These questions are not there for the fun of it. They are there because, in general, automated spam bots can't answer them and human spammers tend to have no patience so don't bother. It's all part of keeping the forum spam free and making it an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Forum Registration - Answer The Questions!

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:25 pm

I need to emphasize this again because a small number of people don't seem to quite get it.

There are basically three types of people who want to join our community. Spammers, which of course no one wants, Hit and Run, which is where someone signs up just to get something from us and then we never hear from them again and finally the majority of musicians who want to not only have their questions answered but want to stick around and contribute as much as they can, even if that's just chewing the fat in the Chill Out Room.

We ask you to give us some detail on the registration form in order to sort the wheat from the chaff. Spammers most times can't be bothered to answer the questions and where they do its usually just put random nonsense that has nothing to do with the questions asked.

The hit and run applications are simply not going to be approved. You may not be a spammer and you may be a genuine musician but, to my mind, if you cannot take a couple of minutes to tell us a little about yourself, realizing this is to help us weed out the spammers and not some invasion of your privacy then I make no apology for saying we just don't want you here! Your info is not shared with anyone and is purely to help us combat spam on the forum.

Up to now I have been taking a lot of time out of my day to check each application, even where it's obvious the person could not be bothered to put more than one word answers to each question. From today, any applicant that does not make an effort to help us out in answering the questions properly will simply have their application thrown straight in the trash. It might seem harsh but honestly I have better things to do with my time than sift through applications from people who could not give us a couple of minutes of their precious time to answer a few questions in order to become a member of one of the best forums on the net.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Clyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Unread post by Clyde » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:58 am

Well said Saul, well said!
Clyde
DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks Clyde...and you know, they are still doing it!

It's nice to see some making an effort and those people are very welcome on the site but I am still getting registrations with one word answers and I just think, why are you bothering? Why would we want anyone on the forum who can't give us a couple of minutes of their precious time to fill out the member application?

Like I said though, they go straight in the trash. I don't bother checking them now.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Unread post by Derek » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Agreed as well. Active contributions are the life blood of forums like this, which is one of the best.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk

Return to “Site Notifications & Changes”