FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

Re: A quick Word About Advertising and Links On The Forum

All site announcements, changes and notifications are posted here. Please check from time to time.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Where Are You Located?: Nr Brighton, UK

Unread post by Saul »

If you are posting links to your personal website or forum we do want a link back. YamahaMusicians.com is a high traffic site and I think it's fair that if we let you publicise your own site here then you should return the favour.

If you are posting links to other people's sites please ask them for a link back to us. If you cannot get a link back you can still post a link but make sure it is not clickable. This means removing the HTTP and/or www from the beginning of the link. This helps us because Google in particular penalises sites with too many outbound links and none coming back.

The exception to the "link" rule is when posting links to any of the major manufacturer's websites. This includes but is not limited to Yamaha, KORG, Roland, Casio, Behringer, Nord and Kurzweil. Simply put, links to "manufacturers" are fine but links to dealers, please ask.

Google loves backlinks so it works out well for both parties to link to each other.

If you want to advertise your products on the site please get in touch with me at admin@yamahamusicians.com for a rate card and further information. We have a great platform from which to promote products and services and many businesses have now discovered this for themselves.
Saul
Site Admin

If I have been able to help you in some way you can Buy Me A Coffee Here.

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Quietly Spain

Unread post by Quietly »

Hello Saul, I am new member and it appears I cannot post any links at all as in a url for a photograph etc. Possibly me being dim but I just posted a review to my Revstar RS620 and wanted to post images of this guitar that I have on flickr and I get this message "You can’t post image, email or url links that are external to this domain" which appears odd to me :confusion-confused:
Thanks in advance,

Quietly
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

As you know we restrict links of any sort for new members in order to combat spammers. Often they will register, pretend to be genuine, make a few posts and then go back and edit those posts adding spam links in the hope that we won't notice...we do! (Y)

When posting images of your guitars or other gear it is preferable to post them as attachments not links out to other sites. As far as Google is concerned an image that is on an external site and linked to from our forum is counted as another outbound link with no link back. And of course yet again that is another mark against us. Other sites and forums may not be bothered by this but I am and so I work to keep as much info internal or at the very least with reciprocal links to relevant sites.

We do of course allow people to post images even new members but that is on a case by case basis. In your case I will lift the restriction so you can post images of your guitar. Who doesn't like to see a nice guitar after all :)

Hope that helps explain the situation a little?
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

LAG T88A, Breedlove Signature Concert Copper E, Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Koa, Walden D640T, Tanglewood TRSJ-VS, Vintage VE2000GG.
Quietly Spain

Unread post by Quietly »

Saul wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 pm As you know we restrict links of any sort for new members in order to combat spammers. Often they will register, pretend to be genuine, make a few posts and then go back and edit those posts adding spam links in the hope that we won't notice...we do! (Y)

When posting images of your guitars or other gear it is preferable to post them as attachments not links out to other sites. As far as Google is concerned an image that is on an external site and linked to from our forum is counted as another outbound link with no link back. And of course yet again that is another mark against us. Other sites and forums may not be bothered by this but I am and so I work to keep as much info internal or at the very least with reciprocal links to relevant sites.

We do of course allow people to post images even new members but that is on a case by case basis. In your case I will lift the restriction so you can post images of your guitar. Who doesn't like to see a nice guitar after all :)

Hope that helps explain the situation a little?
Whoops I missed this. Thank you Saul I appreciate that, a review without an image is like taking a bath without your socks on. :roll:

Quietly
Quietly Spain

Unread post by Quietly »

Hello Saul I am afraid I still cannot post any images and whilst I admire the need to protect against spammers you do run a real risk of losing good potential members. I honestly was thinking twice about joining/posting due to it being so quiet around here. However as my name suggest I am not opposed to a degree of quietness.

Best,

Quietly
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

You do have permissions to post links and images, I just checked. Are you seeing an error message on posting?

The forum is hardly quiet. We have over a thousand visitors per day. Most are here just to find info and then move on but the audience is there. People will engage when they have something to say.

We have been here for 18 years and developed rules that work for us and it keeps the forum spam free. We are not about to open up posting of images and links to everyone because we know from experience that does not work.

In an ideal world we would not need to do any of this but as over 45% of the worlds internet traffic is spam I think our measures are quite sensible.
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Quietly Spain

Unread post by Quietly »

Thanks all working perfectly and I can now post pictures. Oh and I was not by any means criticizing your measures or indead questioning your traffic LOL. Just appears quite around here to me that's all.

Quietly
Iggydavid

Unread post by Iggydavid »

Hi Saul, I post my musical creations on (Soundclick.com) under the name of, Major Snagg.
Am I allowed to post a link to a song/tune on my music page on (Soundcliick.com) within a post that I put on these pages, as long as I mention (yamahamusicians.com) somewhere in the info about my song on Soundclick?
Sorry if that sounds a bit convoluted...in essence, can I mention Soundclick.com here?
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Iggydavid wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:34 pm Hi Saul, I post my musical creations on (Soundclick.com) under the name of, Major Snagg.
Am I allowed to post a link to a song/tune on my music page on (Soundcliick.com) within a post that I put on these pages, as long as I mention (yamahamusicians.com) somewhere in the info about my song on Soundclick?
Sorry if that sounds a bit convoluted...in essence, can I mention Soundclick.com here?
Thanks for asking. Yes, you can definitely do that. Of course, you can also upload MP3's direct to the forum if you wish. We have a built-in music player that works very well. (Y)
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Iggydavid

Thanks for your reply Saul.
squishmusic Ireland
Where Are You Located?: Sweden

Unread post by squishmusic »

Iggydavid wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:34 pm Hi Saul, I post my musical creations on (Soundclick.com) under the name of, Major Snagg.
Blimey. Is soundclick still kicking along...I think I made a music page there, what, must be 15+ years ago...
music@https://soundcloud.com/squishmusic
https://www.facebook.com/squishmusic/

Gear:: Arturia Microfreak, Behringer Neutron, Behringer TD-3-BB, Casio VL1-X2, Korg Electribe ES2, Korg MS-20, Korg Volca Sample, Moog Werkstatt01, Novation NovaIIX, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland XV5080, Soundcraft EFX8, Yamaha TX81z, Yamaha MK-100, Yamaha DJX1, Yamaha QY70-X2.
FX :: Alesis Midiverb II, Echooos delay, Zoom G1on, Zoom MSCDR-70, Line6 SpaceChorus.
iOS :: iMaschine, iKaossilator, Nanoloop, Nanostudio, iMPC, Reason.
Gear I miss: Nostalgic for my Yamaha TG33 & RM1X. Good days with them :D
WANT list:: Elektron Octatrack mk1 & Yamaha PSS380.
Iggydavid

Yes indeed, Soundclick is still up and running. I joined in 2007. There are less casual members than there were back in those glory days. There have been a few changes as to how it actually looks...it's been 'modernised' ... some features have gone...there aren't any Forums anymore...one reason for me joining this excellent one! But, as for posting your own music and exchanging sensible adult comments about it, then nothing has changed.
Your membership may not have been deleted, so try to log-in and see what changes have been made.
There used to be regular music challenges every couple of months until this Lock down.
Look for... Clicker's Club'... a place where you can quickly get to know what people I know and respect are doing.
My name there is Major Snagg.
You never know, you might want to stay again and make some new musical friends. I hope that you do.
Great to hear from somebody who's actually heard of it...great.
squishmusic Ireland
Where Are You Located?: Sweden

Unread post by squishmusic »

Hi Major Snagg.
I always enjoyed reading the 'adult' comments :D
I had an account there with a now defunct email, so no chance to login.
I think my alias there was Natural Systems which I no longer use.
I did top the Techno chart there once! :D
music@https://soundcloud.com/squishmusic
https://www.facebook.com/squishmusic/

Gear:: Arturia Microfreak, Behringer Neutron, Behringer TD-3-BB, Casio VL1-X2, Korg Electribe ES2, Korg MS-20, Korg Volca Sample, Moog Werkstatt01, Novation NovaIIX, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland XV5080, Soundcraft EFX8, Yamaha TX81z, Yamaha MK-100, Yamaha DJX1, Yamaha QY70-X2.
FX :: Alesis Midiverb II, Echooos delay, Zoom G1on, Zoom MSCDR-70, Line6 SpaceChorus.
iOS :: iMaschine, iKaossilator, Nanoloop, Nanostudio, iMPC, Reason.
Gear I miss: Nostalgic for my Yamaha TG33 & RM1X. Good days with them :D
WANT list:: Elektron Octatrack mk1 & Yamaha PSS380.
WaveTemper
Where Are You Located?: Italia

Unread post by WaveTemper »

Hi Saul, I saw that there is the possibility of linking to your own site, but this is only possible if the site deals with reviews and information in general about certain musical instruments and / or your own music, or it would also be possible for a site where (for example in my case) I offer for sale sound packs for different synthesizers (for the moment 2 models)?
Thanks
Korg Triton classic, Arturia Minibrute, Yamaha A3000.
Saul Ukraine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

WaveTemper wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:48 pm Hi Saul, I saw that there is the possibility of linking to your own site, but this is only possible if the site deals with reviews and information in general about certain musical instruments and / or your own music, or it would also be possible for a site where (for example in my case) I offer for sale sound packs for different synthesizers (for the moment 2 models)?
Thanks
If you are selling something or it is a review site with amazon affiliate links to each product then it is commercial in nature. In which case contact me via pm or email to discuss further.
Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook