Simple Arp/Seq for Bass

Yamaha MOXF6 Music Production Synthesizer boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Sweden
bee_emm

Simple Arp/Seq for Bass

Unread post by bee_emm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi folks

Forgive me if this has already been touched upon.

I'm not a big synth user and haven't been able to delve into the MOXF as much but I'm looking for a quick guide on how to set up a simple 16th note bass arp/seq that just follows the notes I'm playing. It seems all of the arps go all over the place and I can't find one that just offers a simple 16th note pattern. I used to have a Juno DI and I'm sure the first pattern on there was a simple one that just followed the played notes.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
User avatar United States of America
DickBanks

Re: Simple Arp/Seq for Bass

Unread post by DickBanks » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Typically the way I handle that, that takes the least time for me is to transfer a MIDI file to Cubase, dissolve it into channels and then by pitch, and then just remove the notes I don't want.

I have Cubase Pro 10, but I'm thinking that any version of Cubase will dissolve the MIDI tracks.

This way, if you keep the original MIDI track, you always have all of the parts, in case you want to bring them back in.

I'm assuming that you are recording or playing attached to a computer with Cubase--if not, you would need a different method.
User avatar Sweden
bee_emm

Re: Simple Arp/Seq for Bass

Unread post by bee_emm » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 am

DickBanks wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 pm
Typically the way I handle that, that takes the least time for me is to transfer a MIDI file to Cubase, dissolve it into channels and then by pitch, and then just remove the notes I don't want.

I have Cubase Pro 10, but I'm thinking that any version of Cubase will dissolve the MIDI tracks.

This way, if you keep the original MIDI track, you always have all of the parts, in case you want to bring them back in.

I'm assuming that you are recording or playing attached to a computer with Cubase--if not, you would need a different method.
Thanks for the help and reply Dick. I had a feeling that would be the type of route I would need to go.

I was hoping i would be able to find a way for when I’m just casually playing something, like Van Halen’s Why Can’t This Be Love or Chicago’s We Can Stop The Hurtin’, with just the keyboard and some headphones; but I understand that it’s maybe not what this keyboard was designed for.

I’ll delve into it a little more to see.

Return to “Yamaha MOXF”