Import sound from MOXF6 to MOX6

Yamaha MOXF6 Music Production Synthesizer boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Bangladesh
Tanvir Khan

Import sound from MOXF6 to MOX6

Unread post by Tanvir Khan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:11 am

Dear Concern,

Need to know one thing - can i import/copy tone from MOXF6 to MOX6 by usb pendrive? if yes then how to do that? one of my friend is using moxf6 with good customized tone. now i am planning to copy all of tone to my mox6. whats the process??
User avatar United States of America
YamahaUser

Re: Import sound from MOXF6 to MOX6

Unread post by YamahaUser » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:46 pm

Tanvir Khan wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:11 am
Need to know one thing - can i import/copy tone from MOXF6 to MOX6 by usb pendrive?
No. A MOX file can be loaded to a MOXF, but not the other way.
if yes then how to do that? one of my friend is using moxf6 with good customized tone. now i am planning to copy all of tone to my mox6. whats the process??
A MOXF can have optional flash memory for samples. If the MOXF "tones" are based on such samples, then there's no way to transfer them to the MOX.

However, if the MOXF sounds are based only on factory samples (in ROM), then it's possible to use John Melas MOX software to do the job. The Melas MOX software can import a MOXF "All" file - with USB connection to the MOX, Voices, etc., can be transferred.
Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.

Return to “Yamaha MOXF”