Help MOXF 6 May have accidentally done a factory reset

Yamaha MOXF6 Music Production Synthesizer boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
chizo777

Help MOXF 6 May have accidentally done a factory reset

Unread post by chizo777 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:58 am

Help. I was storing a song on my MOXF 6 and had my finger on the power button and by accident let go of the power button while the pattern was storing. When I turned my keyboard back on all of my patterns and songs that I have created are gone. It is almost like it has somehow done a system restore. Please tell me there is a way to get all of my patterns and songs back.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help MOXF 6 May have accidentally done a factory reset

Unread post by Saul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm

It does seem like a factory reset although I was not aware that you could perform a one just by holding and letting go of the power button whilst saving a song.

However the MOXF is in many respects just like a computer and if you power off whilst saving data that can cause loss of that data and corruption of other data.

Is everything else ok, all sounds work as normal etc?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
YamahaUser

Unread post by YamahaUser » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Saul wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm
[...]
However the MOXF is in many respects just like a computer and if you power off whilst saving data that can cause loss of that data and corruption of other data.
[...]
Exactly.
Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.
chizo777

Unread post by chizo777 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Yes all of the other things work. Sounds are all there and factory patterns and songs are in tact. I am thinking it may have reset because I had deleted those factory patterns and songs and they are now back. Im in touch with Yamaha so we shall see. Thanks for the input.

Return to “Yamaha MOXF”