Full Concert Grand sounds different in Voice Mode compare to Song Mode on MOXF SEQ

Yamaha MOXF6 Music Production Synthesizer boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

dominikem

Full Concert Grand sounds different in Voice Mode compare to Song Mode on MOXF SEQ

Unread post by dominikem »

Hello Everyone.

In Song Mode on Moxf Sequencer solo playing Full Concert Grand has more echo or delay or reverb than in a Voice Mode.

It is normal?

I have a default settings plus Inspiration in a flash library. I compare without pressing sustain pedal on the same settings...

dominikem

Re: Full Concert Grand sounds different in Voice Mode compare to Song Mode on MOXF SEQ

I noticed now that Rev-X Hall is changing with R3 Hall ... Do you have the same?

YamahaUser

Re: Full Concert Grand sounds different in Voice Mode compare to Song Mode on MOXF SEQ

Unread post by YamahaUser »

dominikem wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:21 am
In Song Mode on Moxf Sequencer solo playing Full Concert Grand has more echo or delay or reverb than in a Voice Mode.

It is normal?
The System Effects (reverb and chorus) are not normally copied when the Voice is placed in a Part of a Song (or Performance or Pattern).

See motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/471778

Although written about the Motif XS, these support articles cover the basic concepts:
motifator.com/index.php/support/view/insertion_effects_differ_from_the_system_effects
motifator.com/index.php/support/view/copying_voice_data_to_a_performance_or_mixing_program

Also see:
motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_parameter_with_voice

Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

I came across this "Strangeness" with my Alesis Fusion too . . . .

All the Programs (Alesis-speak for Voices) have their own FX applied . . . .

When you use a bunch of them in a SONG, the first one decides the FX for that song.

You can of course go in there and alter the Song's FX to your liking later . . .

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

dominikem

Thank you very much for help.

Even when is only one instrument (Full Concert Grand) in Song Mode and only piano play, it must be a different reverb in compare to the same piano in Voice Mode?

If with my Moxf is something wrong? :

Moxf show in Voice Mode on the screen that Full Concert Grand reverb is Rev-X Hall but is R3 Hall in my opinion (I compare with others pianos). When I change in Voice Mode Rev-X Hall to R3 Hall - nothing change in sound Full Concert Grand, but when I back to Rev-X Hall - sounds different like in a Song Mode.

Moxf show me Rev-X Hall in a Voice Mode Full Concert Grand, but play R3 Hall... Do you have the same?

YamahaUser

Unread post by YamahaUser »

Your MOXF is functioning normally. The effect name alone means very little. There are a lot of Parameters that can be set for each of the effects. Switching from one effect to another sets the Parameters to default values.

The first Motifator URL I provided explains how to copy System Effects from a MOXF Voice to a Performance Part, and the same procedure applies to a Part in a Song Mixing. If you haven't already done so, I suggest that you copy the URL, paste it into your browser, and read the information. Also see Mixing Job [F3]COPY > [SF2]VOICE on page 120 of the MOXF Reference Manual. Be sure to set the Reverb and Chorus SEND values in the Mixing as well.

Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.