Extension Libraries/Flash Drive

Yamaha MOXF6 Music Production Synthesizer boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
jkeys12

Extension Libraries/Flash Drive

Unread post by jkeys12 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:58 pm

Hi everyone. I purchased a new Yamaha MOXF8 a couple years ago and I'm interested in purchasing some extra libraries from such companies as Ksounds, Esounds, and Synthtopia. Many of these libraries require 512MB flash board. Would one flash board be able to store multiple libraries. I appreciate any suggestions!
Advertisement
Loopcloud Music App from Loopmasters.com
User avatar United States of America
YamahaUser

Re: Extension Libraries/Flash Drive

Unread post by YamahaUser » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:22 pm

jkeys12 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:58 pm
[...] Many of these libraries require 512MB flash board. Would one flash board be able to store multiple libraries.
Yes, the samples from multiple libraries can be stored as long as in total the 512MB capacity of the flash module isn't exceeded.

I appreciate any suggestions!
I suggest that you become familiar with the file load Type "1BankVoice". That will allow the Voices from more than one library to remain loaded at the same time. See page 156 of the MOXF Reference Manual.
Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.

Return to “Yamaha MOXF”