How to Connect MOXF8 with TYROS4 use MIDI 5pin cable ?

Yamaha MOXF6 Music Production Synthesizer boasts a rich collection of instrument voices that includes pianos, electric pianos, strings, wind instruments, orchestral sounds, guitars, basses, and drums, as well as a wide variety of vintage and modern synth sounds.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Canada
anhquy

How to Connect MOXF8 with TYROS4 use MIDI 5pin cable ?

Unread post by anhquy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi , I want to connect Tyros4 with Moxf8 by Midi cable 5 pins.
I use Tyros4 for accomp & style and Moxf for voices . Please tell me what is the best way and teach me how to configurating .
Thank you very much .
User avatar United States of America
SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to Connect MOXF8 with TYROS4 use MIDI 5pin cable ?

Unread post by SeaGtGruff » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 pm

As far as the physical connection, you would connect from the MIDI Out port of one keyboard to the MIDI In port of the other. If you want either keyboard to be able to send MIDI to the other, you would connect two MIDI cables as follows:

MOXF MIDI Out —> TYROS MIDI In
TYROS MIDI Out —> MOXF MIDI In

If you want to use either keyboard as a controller— that is, you want to play the keys on that keyboard but you want it to send the MIDI data to another keyboard or module to be sounded rather than being played on the controller keyboard— then be sure to turn the “Local Control” setting to “Off” on the controller keyboard.

However, if you want to be able to split the first keyboard so you can play some keys and have them be sounded but send other keys to another keyboard or module to be sounded then things will be more complicated, in which case you may or may not want to turn Local Control off depending on the capabilities of the first keyboard.
Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710
User avatar Canada
anhquy

Re: How to Connect MOXF8 with TYROS4 use MIDI 5pin cable ?

Unread post by anhquy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Thank you very much .

Return to “Yamaha MOXF”