Just bought a CP4 - stunning!

The CP4 STAGE is simply the best stage piano Yamaha has ever made.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

knolan

Just bought a CP4 - stunning!

Unread post by knolan »

Just thought I'd post (for the first time in ages here!)

I just bought a CP4 in mint condition second hand. It is absolutely stunning. The action is, by a country mile, the best piano action I have ever played on a digital keyboard, while the sounds are equally stunning. While the acoustic pianos are just magnificent, it's the Fender Rhodes that have just stolen the lime light. There's a demo on Youtube of a guy playing a CP4 sitting on top of a Fender Rhodes, and they sound essentially indistinguishable. And it just does not disappoint in real life - I feel like I'm playing various Fender Rhodes. Spectral Component Modelling makes all the difference in the world - so many PCM only Fender Rhodes emulations just don't cut it. Even the CP80 plays just so - right!

so I genuinely believe, with that action, that I've got the closest thing possible to having a grand piano, Fender Rhodes and CP80 under my fingers for serious work. Even the ergonomics are just right; and the other sounds on board are truly excellent - but - it's the pianos, and action, that are just superlative. I genuinely believe this is the best digital piano Yamaha have ever made, and one of their best designed musical instruments - ever! - with that comparison including the CP88 which does not have the spectral component modelling. This is going to be a very important instrument for me moving forward, and I'm already looking for a second one, for longevity.

Bet regards, Kevin.

Rabbit Tree Studio
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Just bought a CP4 - stunning!

Unread post by Saul »

Hey Kevin, good to see you back on the forum (Y)

Was this the video you were thinking of ?

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Re: Just bought a CP4 - stunning!

Unread post by parametric »

Hi Kevin . . . .

I've heard nothing but praise for the CP4 generally. The build quality, the Keybed - and the quality of the Sounds . . . .

I believe Yamaha classify it as a Stage Piano?

I have a friend who gigs one regularly with his wife (singer) as a duo - doing weddings etc . . . .

He uses a Piano-Shell to give that "Grand Piano" appearance - but he has nothing but good things to say about the CP4 . . . . . (Y)

I reckon you're in for a great time with it . . . .

parametric

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris