128 Free New Sounds For Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano

The CP4 STAGE is simply the best stage piano Yamaha has ever made.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

128 Free New Sounds For Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano

Unread post by Saul » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Free ! 128 new sounds for Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano , performed and programmed by Bruno Zucchetti

Watch Video Demo

Free Download at : http://www.yamaha.it/areaftp/CP4SuperSo ... chetti.zip If you like please share ! ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
GuitarTabs4synth

Re: 128 Free New Sounds For Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano

Unread post by GuitarTabs4synth » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 pm

I saw his youtube video and he's got skill. And I wished my local GuitarCenter carried this CP4 and the montage. I however tried out the moxf and I like the romantic piano sound preset. I also tried the roland rd-800 which looked like the best and most expensive on the floor there. I found the grand piano sound and the touch response of the rd-800's action quite fantastic. Obviously wood is better, but roland touts much higher sensitivity on the sensors. Anyone here have both and can comment on their preference?
Normhart
United States of America

Unread post by Normhart » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:55 am

Hi Saul,

As I posted on the MODX forum, I’m waiting on Sweetwater to get their next batch of MODX8 keyboards. I’m also considering the possibility of getting the CP4 instead. Not counting the obvious edge of the CP with regard to superior keybed, how do the pianos -specifically the acoustic ones compare with the MODX’s. Or maybe more to the point, how much better is the CP4 piano sonically?

There are a couple of factors pointing to my choice of the CP4 at this time. One, it’s available now (vs 2 weeks for the MODX8). Two, I could always get the MODX later if I still want one and three, much of the appeal of the MODX is the FM-X and Super Knob related sounds which are interesting but I’m not really that into the ‘fantasy’ type synth sounds that it seems to be geared towards. I’m more of a basic conventional sounds player. Besides, I have other synths that more or less satisfy my requirements for that kind of playing - both hardware based and IOS (iPad Pro 512gb) soft synths and sample based sounds.

I’d really be interested in hearing what you think.

Thanks,
Norm
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:56 am

Hi Norm. I can imagine it is pretty frustrating having a two week wait for the MODX8!

Personally and I stress that this is a "personal" opinion, I would not trade a MODX8 for the CP4. The only advantages the CP4 has, if indeed you see them as advantages are the real wood keys with textured finish and the two XLR connectors on the back. The action though is GHS, same as the MODX8. The actual sounds are also no better than the MODX. The CP4's main piano is the CFX which of course you will find in the MODX along with all the others sounds in the CP4 which are pretty much all taken from the MOTIF series.

So you would be trading all the extra features of the MODX for the CP4 and not gaining anything into the bargain.

Now that is of course just my opinion and others may take a different view but I would advise to wait just that little bit longer before making a decision.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Normhart
United States of America

Unread post by Normhart » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:47 am

Looks like I should wait. The deal breaker in favor of the cp4 would’ve been the quality of the grand piano and to a lesser degree the wooden keys. But if the piano sound quality is equal, I’ll lean towards your recommendation and just wait for the MODX 8. Much more versatility (and $100 less). Thanks for setting me back on course!
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:44 pm

XLRs on the CP4 is certainly a bonus.

Many boards these days DON'T offer balanced outs. (they are usually just TS)

I guess it hikes the price, but it's no biggie, as you can walk around that with a separate balancing box, if required . . . .

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Normhart
United States of America

Unread post by Normhart » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pm

I don’t do long cable runs so balanced outs aren’t really an issue in my case. The only real relevant standout feature for me are the wooden and textured keys. Nice, but I’d rather have the versatility of the MODX. I have some pretty capable grand pianos on my iPad Pro that I really like so it’s not like I’ll be short on acoustic piano sounds. That big space on the right side of the MODX 8 is just the right size for my 12.9 ipad.
Mighty Motif Max
United States of America

Unread post by Mighty Motif Max » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:29 pm

The CP4 has the SCM (Spectral Component Modelling) pianos, which are partially modeled. So they have a superior response to the ones on the MOXF for sure, and also to the ones on the Montage. I believe Bad Mister used to talk about that. He definitely did when the CP1 library came out for the Motif XF. In essence, the MOXF/Montage/MODX do not have the modelling components. And like you said the keys are better in my opinion on the CP4, if you are piano-centric. Just my two cents.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:42 pm

The modelling component is not enough to swing it for me. I have compared both pianos and the MODX/Montage makes up the ground in size of the samples and the modern tech they are being processed by. I do like the CP4, just that there is not enough in there to keep me happy given the price vs the MODX8.

This review is definitely worth a read:
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/yamaha-cp4-stage
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:12 am

Normhart wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pm
I don’t do long cable runs so balanced outs aren’t really an issue in my case. The only real relevant standout feature for me are the wooden and textured keys. Nice, but I’d rather have the versatility of the MODX. I have some pretty capable grand pianos on my iPad Pro that I really like so it’s not like I’ll be short on acoustic piano sounds. That big space on the right side of the MODX 8 is just the right size for my 12.9 ipad.
Point taken Norm . . . . Wooden keys and the textures are indeed very reassuring for the player, but what is on offer for the price with the MODX cannot be denied.

The MODX8 is great to play - marginally less so that my Fusion8HD, but that is just my familiarity with it (~7 years).

The MODX supercedes the MOXF8 which was another "thought" of mine . . . . .

The MODXes touch screen is MAGIC to use - and then the SuperKnob too . . . .

difficult to resist . . . :wink:

Saul and I BOTH thought "that space" on the right of the MODX8 to be good for a laptop, when I visited him . . .

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Normhart
United States of America

Unread post by Normhart » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:28 am

I just got a notification email saying that Sweetwater has received a small shipment of MODX 8s and should they run my card - uhhh let me think about that for a split nanosecond - YES!! So that original two week wait suddenly changed direction to me :-)
Sooo glad I waited a little longer.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 am

Normhart wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:28 am
I just got a notification email saying that Sweetwater has received a small shipment of MODX 8s and should they run my card - uhhh let me think about that for a split nanosecond - YES!! So that original two week wait suddenly changed direction to me :-)
Sooo glad I waited a little longer.
That's fantastic news Norm! :D :D :D

So you are soon to be a proud owner of the MODX8. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it once you have had a chance to test it all out :)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Normhart
United States of America

Unread post by Normhart » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:19 am

At the same time, I’ll try and put up some links to some original patches/sounds after I learn my way around. I usually do this kind of thing after getting my hands on a new gizmo. There are a whole lot of new concepts here that’ll really be fun to find musical uses for.
oscarmolly
American Samoa

Unread post by oscarmolly » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm approaching the end of the evaluation process between the "safe purchase of a CP4" versus the more adventurous purchase of a MODX8 to be used for live gigging. I tend to rely on more traditional functions/patches of a weighted keyboard and the fact that the CP4 can split and layer up to 3 sounds with a selectable split point is encouraging. Each board can be had for virtually the same price.....USD $1750ish. CP4 has a 3 yr warranty with only 1 yr on the MODX.....I suspect a lot more can go wrong with the MODX plus it is 2 inches deeper in physical size than the CP4 (which means buying a new Anvil Case).

QUESTION: I can't determine if the CP4 has user memory for expansion. It's unclear, for example, whether the Bruno Zuchetti free Super Sound Set are new samples or just edits to the original CP4 stock samples that can be saved when overwriting the original CP4 samples? Second, what other sound library expansions might be available for the CP4, if any?
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:30 am

Hi oscarmolly, welcome to the forums :)

The MODX can of course split and layer sounds across the keyboard and quite a few more than 3! So it is more versatile in that respect. It is also very easy to set your split points for each instrument(s).

The CP4 is also heavier than the MODX8 at 17.4k. The MODX8 weighs in at 13.8kg

Given that the Bruno Zuchetti free Super Sound Set is only 98kb in size I will go out on a limb and suggest that it is data making use of existing samples within the CP4.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Yamaha CP4 Stage Piano”