help! reface cp

Yamaha reface CP/DX/CS/YC mini keyboards

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

gav1980
Location.: uk

help! reface cp

Unread post by gav1980 »

Hi all

just after some advice, im new to all this so may be being daft. i've got a reface cp and i bought an m- audio keystation so i'd have a full size keyboard. I've plugged a midi cable from the m audio into the midi in on the reface but this doesnt seem to work and pressing the keys on the m audio makes no sound out of the reface. Am i missing something else i need to do to set this up?

thanks a lot

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: help! reface cp

Unread post by Saul »

Hi Gav, welcome to the forums.

I have never hooked up a master keyboard to a reface cp but one thing I do know is that the midi implementation on the reface keyboards leaves a lot to be desired!

This article explains it in detail and you soon realise how much easier Yamaha "could" have made things but for some completely insane reason decided not to :/:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/synths/refa ... ve-channel

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.