Vycro MX Editor installation for Mac OS

The MX series combines Motif XS sounds, USB Audio/MIDI connectivity and advanced DAW/VST controller features at a ground breaking level of affordability.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

ray_aina

Vycro MX Editor installation for Mac OS

Unread post by ray_aina »

Hi !

i saw on youtube that there is free apps called Vycro MX and Vycro MX Pro that are able to edit performances and voices on the MX Series keyboards. this allow you to play more than 2 voices at the same time.
the editor's website is broken, so the apps are no available anymore.

if anyone have the installation for Mac OS X, could he/she give it up? :D :dance:

thanks !

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Vycro MX Editor installation for Mac OS

Unread post by SeaGtGruff »

As I mentioned in reply to your post in the other thread, the vycromx.com domain name seems to have expired as of a week ago.

I thought that it might be possible to access the old downloads via the Wayback Machine, and the site and its pages do seem to be archived there, but attempting to download the software just falls into a loop because they make you fill out a short questionnaire, and when you try to submit it the page with the questionnaire just reloads itself.

Michael Rideout
Current keyboards: Yamaha YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443, PSR-EW400, MX49 BK
Current controllers: M-Audio Axiom 61-II
Previous keyboards: Farfisa Matador 611; Casio CTK-710

ray_aina

Unread post by ray_aina »

yes, thank u so much for your help.
unfortunately, i think that the only solution is P2P download. :/

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I was fortunate enough to find the downloaded installation program for the Windows version of Vycro MX Pro v1.00 archived on my computer, but I do not have the macOS version, nor do I have the other version (i.e., Vycro MX, as opposed to Vycro MX Pro). And I don't know if there were any later updates to the program, or if v1.00 was the only release. Based on the date on the file, I must have downloaded it back in 2014, long before I ever bought an MX, so naturally I hadn't installed it. :)

If the program and its web site have been abandoned, I wonder if Saul could somehow get permission to host it on this site in the downloads section? I've used the "Contact Us" option at the company's web site to let them know about the domain name being expired, but I don't hold out much hope of getting a reply from them.

Michael Rideout

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This is just a quick note to let you know that the Vycro MX site is back up and in good working order! :) I was able to download both the free lite version (just to make sure I had the latest version of it) plus the now-free pro version.

Michael Rideout

Umberto

Unread post by Umberto »

The Vycro Website is still alive and kicking. That is, it lets you download either versions of its editor, in regular and Pro version. I did it last week. Furthermore, a video on YouTube clarified that while in the Windows version of the Pro version it asks for registration and payment of a fee, in the Mac version it does not.

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Yes, shortly after we had this discussion in the forum, the website became available again. :D

This was a very good thing, because in my opinion the software is essential for MX owners.

That's odd that the website behaves differently with respect to asking for registration and payment depending on whether you're downloading the Windows or Mac version.

Michael Rideout

Piano Joe

Unread post by Piano Joe »

Hello, after reinstalling my computer i discover that the web side Vycro MX Editor is down. Any idee how I can get this software?

SeaGtGruff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Let's hope the domain name gets renewed again, like the last time this happened.

In the meantime, I don't seem to have a copy of the Mac version, even though I do have a MacBook Air.

But if you have Windows, I do have a copy of the installer for the Windows version. I'm not sure whether it's okay to distribute it.

Michael Rideout

YamahaUser

Unread post by YamahaUser »

Is anyone following up on my post in viewtopic.php?f=114&t=14779 ?
It would seem that contacting the PSICRAFT site registrant might be productive.

Yamaha A3000V2, A4000, MEP4, Motif XS6, Motif XF6, YS200
Fender Chroma Polaris | Korg T3EX, 05R/W | Roland M-GS64, U-220 | Etc.

synthguy

Unread post by synthguy »

SeaGtGruff wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 pm
Let's hope the domain name gets renewed again, like the last time this happened.

In the meantime, I don't seem to have a copy of the Mac version, even though I do have a MacBook Air.

But if you have Windows, I do have a copy of the installer for the Windows version. I'm not sure whether it's okay to distribute it.
Do u think you could send this to me please?

IsaacPizarro

Unread post by IsaacPizarro »

Hello everyone. I am the creator of that video on YT showing how to create a patch using more than the two factory layered sounds allowed on the MX49. I was informed by a couple of viewers about not able to download the Vycro mx app. I just confirmed this by checking the website which at this point seems to be shutdown and its domain no longer available. But good news!!! When that video was uploaded I had a guy who was mentioned another software called "John Melas tools". Which it comes with a performance editor and youll be able to edit your performance patch and create the same thing I did on that video. Have a nice day! Already got in contact with PSICRAFT people but still no response. Will keep you guys posted. Sorry but cant post links in here. Link would be posted on that video on my Yt channel called "Yamaha mx49 | Layering & Creating a Patch (No MainStage)"

Gillesmusic

Unread post by Gillesmusic »

SeaGtGruff wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi, I have been looking for the vycro mx everywhere and can't seem to find it. I have a gig coming up and really need to edit my MX voices. Would you please please share with me a copy of your program whether Mac or Windows version. I would be forever thankful to you! Thank you so much in advance!!

Noni

Unread post by Noni »

Hi Everyone,

I agree that after getting used to vrcromx, editing performances directly on the MX is close to impossible.

Some good news - I was able to find an old exe file with the vycromx installation for Window. :music-guitarred:
Unfortunately - I can't find the MAC version. :cry:

Please PM me if you need the Win version.
I'm hoping that someone here can provide the MAC version.

Cheers!
Noni