Permanent octave change on piano...newby

The MX series combines Motif XS sounds, USB Audio/MIDI connectivity and advanced DAW/VST controller features at a ground breaking level of affordability.

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

JCW
Location.: United States

Permanent octave change on piano...newby

Unread post by JCW »

HI, I just purchased a new MX61 from my local store. I already have the primary sounds and modules I want, so this was bought primarily as a controller. But, obviously I want to be able to use it. As I have always had to do with 61 key controllers, I want to drop the grand piano sound down one octave so I have have some old gospel left handed bass when needed. The salesman did not think what I wanted to do was possible, but I've been doing it for 25 years....? What I want to do is take a stock grand piano sound, drop it an octave, and re-save it down an octave so I can layer it with strings and organs (which do not need to be changed). As it is now, if I take it down an octave, everything goes down, including the organ and strings which I don't want to change. Can I drop a stock sound one octave, and save it so I can layer it with an organ or string sound that is good as is? Thanks everyone for your help!

RjzMusicPL
Location.: Poland

Re: Permanent octave change on piano...newby

Unread post by RjzMusicPL »

Yes, it is possible: Press the Edit button, then choose: 02:Part > 01:Play Mode > NoteShift. Set NoteShift to -12 to make the voice an octave lower.
To save it, go to 08:Voice Name. You can set a name for the voice. Then press Store, select a slot to save it and press Enter.
When you select the new voice and it will be an octave lower.
I hope this helps you!

JCW
Location.: United States

Re: Permanent octave change on piano...newby

Unread post by JCW »

Thank you!!!!! I appreciate the reply.