Mixer MG10XU not recognized by windows 10

AG is a multi-purpose, high-resolution mixer and USB audio interface designed to elevate the creative, audio experience for webcasters / podcasters, gamers, mobile musicians, music producers and more. This section is also for Yamaha's MG series of mixers.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Portugal
cesar lighthouse

Mixer MG10XU not recognized by windows 10

Unread post by cesar lighthouse » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:25 am

Greetings, I am having problems with connecting the mixer to my windows 10 64b through USB.
The system does not recognize the mixer even after installing the yamaha/steinberg driver.
Has anyone else faced this problem?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mixer MG10XU not recognized by windows 10

Unread post by Saul » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:41 am

Hi cesar, welcome to the forums :)

It has often been the case with Yamaha's USB drivers that they can be problematic. I guess this is simply because of the wide amount of pc configurations there are out there and it is difficult when testing to allow for every single pc setup. However there is usually a way to get these things up and running.

Normally what you would do is:
  • Make sure the MG10XU is NOT connected to the PC.
  • Install the Yamaha USB driver.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Plug in the MG10XU and turn it on
Then either one of two things will happen. Windows will detect the MG10XU and continue to finalise the install or there may be nothing else to install and Windows will just recognise the MG10XU without any further interaction from you.

You should be able to see the MG10XU in your Windows 10 Settings/Devices or Settings/System.

You may have already done all that so let us know if this is the case and perhaps we can go through a few other things?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by parametric » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi Cesar . . .

If what <Saul> has described does not work, I would advise to go into Device manager and de-install the existing driver first.

Windows often will not want to let go the existing driver - despite you installing a different one.

Removing the old one will force Windows to reconsider ;)

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
User avatar Portugal
cesar lighthouse

Unread post by cesar lighthouse » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:02 pm

I am sad to say it still does not work :(
Shows a error message saying it was not recognized.
On Device Manager it says: Unknown USB device ( Device Descriptor Solicitation Failed )

I wonder what else can i try?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 pm

This takes me back to all the reasons why I moved to the Mac back in 2008. Windows was a complete pain as far as installing drivers was concerned. Not had any issues with the Mac since but that's for a different thread ;)

Ok so things to try now. First I would get hold of a good uninstaller because Windows own uninstaller is to put it bluntly, complete rubbish. It never really uninstalls things properly and often leaves loads of files behind. These cause conflicts when trying to install the same software/drivers again.

I use a program called YourUninstaller which is fantastic and totally removes every trace of software, drivers etc. http://www.ursoftware.com/

I am sure there are other programs but personally I have not used them so can't vouch for their effectiveness.

Once you are sure you have 100% removed the existing Yamaha USB driver I would then unplug all usb devices apart from your keyboard and mouse. Make sure the MG10XU is not connected. Reboot and then try the driver install process again.

If none of that works then the only thing I can suggest is to do what I did and go for a non Yamaha mixer such as the Behringer QX1202. Yeah I know not an ideal solution but it works and saves all that time faffing around with Yamaha drivers ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Portugal
cesar lighthouse

Unread post by cesar lighthouse » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:14 am

OK thank you very much for the input, i am going to try that uninstaller and repeat all the steps.

This mixer is actually very good, the compressor, the sound quality is good, the effects are very good... this USB problem is very unfortunate, its a shame it doesnt connect.

Unfortunatly, i dont have the option of getting a new mixer, i have already spent all the budget. If i dont get this to work, i will need to look for some cheap audio interface, just to record the sound from the mixer into the computer. I was looking at this Bheringer Line 2 USB, i wonder if it "works".

I keep thinking i might be missing something since i have never installed any other audio interface on this computer, i wonder if there something else, some audio driver, some other operation that is mandatory to perform and i have not done yet...
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 am

If you are using the driver here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/ ... r_win.html

Then you are not missing anything at all. That is all you should need to get it up and running.

Oh by the way, if you have any anti-virus software on your computer you should disable it before installing the driver. There have been issues in the past with Yamaha drivers not installing properly when anti-virus software is running. Crazy I know but this IS Yamaha and they are very well known for their odd way of doing things.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

User avatar United States of America
puremusic

Unread post by puremusic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:56 am

You're not the only one facing problems like this, the latest Windows Update broke a lot of my MIDI related software. :/

What kind of music will you be mixing with that thing if you get it working? :D
Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia CS80 - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
User avatar Portugal
cesar lighthouse

Unread post by cesar lighthouse » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Well, i already gave up, i am going to get me another audio interface and use the mixer just as a live mixer with compressor and effects, cause the compressor and reverbs are good in this thing.

Well i have three different musical projects when it comes to originals, plus i am going to start performing, playing and singing online.
I play guitar and keyboard. Thats what made me go for this yamaha mixer, after talking with several online performers, the quality of compressor and effects for live performing.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:22 pm

Well you gave it a good go. I still think it is not acceptable that you purchase a Yamaha mixer that is supposed to work with Windows 10 and end up going through all this hassle and then it still doesn't work.

Now that could be Windows 10 or it could be Yamaha, who knows? What I do know is I have never had driver issues on the Mac so perhaps that points to the culprit?

As you say though it IS a good quality mixer and you never know, you may find it suddenly works after the next Windows update.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Return to “Yamaha Mixers Forum - AG/MG Mixer Range”