MG16/6FX rackmount

AG is a multi-purpose, high-resolution mixer and USB audio interface designed to elevate the creative, audio experience for webcasters / podcasters, gamers, mobile musicians, music producers and more. This section is also for Yamaha's MG series of mixers.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
tpatterson

MG16/6FX rackmount

Unread post by tpatterson » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:17 am

I'm looking for rackmount ears for my Yamaha MG16/6FX console. I purchased it used, and it did not have the ears with it. Will the RK1 or RK5014 kits work for this console? Or if not, is there a place I can order the original or universal ears that fit? I've googled until my fingers turn blue but can't seem to find anything that confirms these available kits will or won't work. Thank you all in advance for your help!
Advertisement
1000 Free EDM Samples
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MG16/6FX rackmount

Unread post by parametric » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 am

Hi tpatterson - and welcome to the Forums . . . .

According to the Manual, Page 27, the rack ears are supplied, but are delivered in a "Parked" state and just need removing

and re-attaching in the correct position - to give you the "Ears" . . .

Are you sure they are not there?

Very remiss (and pointless) for the seller NOT to have replaced them prior to selling. :?

Unfortunately, the Manual does NOT mention the Part Nos. of the Ears - but I'm sure Yamaha MUST know it?

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
User avatar Cayman Islands
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MG16/6FX rackmount

Unread post by jima » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Moved to Yamaha Mixers forum where it might get better exposure.

[Thanks Jima (Y) <parametric>]
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(

Return to “Yamaha Mixers Forum - AG/MG Mixer Range”