Problem with the Driver Installation for MG12 X U

AG is a multi-purpose, high-resolution mixer and USB audio interface designed to elevate the creative, audio experience for webcasters / podcasters, gamers, mobile musicians, music producers and more. This section is also for Yamaha's MG series of mixers.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Germany
Breimi

Problem with the Driver Installation for MG12 X U

Unread post by Breimi » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:19 pm

I use the MG 12 X U almost 2 years now and I'm very happy with it. I got it connected to my PC and both my Headphones and my Microphone are connected via the Mixer, so i can ajust it the way i want.

But recently i upgraded my Windows from 8.1 to 10. after that Upgraded i noticed that randomly my sound would end up in some kind of crackling noise while watching Videos or while playing Games. So i went to look after that problem and noticed that i was using the standard Windows USB Driver. then i proceeded to download the "Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver".

After Accepting all the Terms, the Installation process began, but ended promptly after 1 second and it told me that it was done installing.
So naturally i wanted to change the driver from my device, but then i noticed the Driver hasn't been installed. So i started the setup again, and got the same result out of it.

can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong or why the installation process doesn't work?
User avatar Great Britain
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Problem with the Driver Installation for MG12 X U

Unread post by parametric » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 am

Hi Breimi, and welcome to the forums . . . .

Yamaha/Steinberg drivers are notoriously fussy about installation.

The correct ORDER of doing things must be followed precisely or the installation will fail, or only partially work.

I would UNINSTALL the windows driver in <Device Manager> completely first, and then repeat the installation,

following the instructions meticulously.

Let us know how it goes . . .

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
User avatar Germany
Breimi

Re: Problem with the Driver Installation for MG12 X U

Unread post by Breimi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 am

Thank you for your fast response.

I did what you told me, but it still won't work

Return to “Yamaha Mixers Forum - AG/MG Mixer Range”