AG 06 setup for internet radio station

AG is a multi-purpose, high-resolution mixer and USB audio interface designed to elevate the creative, audio experience for webcasters / podcasters, gamers, mobile musicians, music producers and more. This section is also for Yamaha's MG series of mixers.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

georgess

AG 06 setup for internet radio station

Unread post by georgess » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased the Yamaha AG 06 mixer for use on my internet radio station for live talk/music shows. I am using SAM Broadcaster as my automation software. I am struggling to get the mixer working correctly. The volume of music drops and my voice echos up to 3 times. I am using a condenser phantom powered mic.

I need 1 channel for the music volume coming out of SAM broadcaster and one channel for the mic volume.

I know it's down to me :-) I was wondering if anyone has experience with the AG 06 usb mixer and advice me on correctly setting it up to do live shows.

Thanks,

Regards,

George
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Re: AG 06 setup for internet radio station

Unread post by parametric » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:09 am

Hi George - and welcome to the Forums . . .

Hmm. This is a different area than we are used to here . . . . . Interesting.

I personally have no knowledge of that Yam mixer or the SAM S/W - but I did take a look at the Yam manual . . . (Not the best manual I've seen . . . . :roll: )

However - some observations that may help . . .

The repetition may be due to some internal feedback loop that is inadvertently set in the settings somewhere.

Or perhaps a reverb is set somewhere?

Take a look at the [COMP/EQ] and [REVERB] settings . . . .

The Manual mentions that these are often managed by additional SW . . . . . The SAM application perhaps?

If you bought the AG06 second user - perhaps there is a setting lurking from the first user?

The Manual has a RESET procedure for those settings - perhaps this might help.

I don't think the phantom power is an issue. If you are using a condenser mike that requires it then you will need it enabled or you will get no signal . . . .

I think it may well be simply a routing problem that involves the AG06 AND the SAM application . . . i.e. an incorrect setting somewhere . .

Hopefully, someone in here with more expertise in this area may chime in here. My knowledge on internet radio is about zero :oops:

Best Regards

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
georgess

Re: AG 06 setup for internet radio station

Unread post by georgess » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:49 am

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I bought it new but yes, I think it must be the setup in my Automation software. I'm sure I'll get there in the end :-) Thanks again,

Regards,

George

Return to “Yamaha Mixers Forum - AG/MG Mixer Range”