Help! How to load individual Multi-samples from library????

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

betovn
United States of America

Help! How to load individual Multi-samples from library????

Unread post by betovn » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Hello and thanks for the help.
Bagging my Kronos (don't get me started) for the Montage 2 weeks before two heavy load shows...so technically a pretty desperate newbee.
Limited internal memory in Montage.
I need to download some but not all sounds from External multi-sample libraries (solo-strings) to save space. Don't need much of the libraries, just specific sounds. I read what I could about elements, parts, performances and am still confused.
Do I need to download the full library and then delete what is not needed or can I select?
Pardon my ignorance. Please provide step-by-step if you can or direct me to a source to could meet my needs.
thanks in advance...
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Re: Help! How to load individual Multi-samples from library????

Unread post by Derek » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi,

Something I have not tried myself, but can't say I have seen a way of doing individual imports on the Montage.

Do you know you can load most sound packs as Libraries and have up to eight of them in the Montage as well as the user bank? So far I have all eight library banks loaded and not run out of FLASH.

If doing what you wish to do is not possible on the Montage, have you looked at doing it on a computer? I have not tried it myself, but John Melas's new Total Librarian might be able to do this. Check with John - I am sure if you sent him an email via his website contact details, he would give you a quick answer.
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
Moessieurs
France

Unread post by Moessieurs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi, Total Librarian manage user performances data, not user waveforms "link" to element of AWM2 parts in performances.
You cannot manage actualy User waveforms and or samples stored in Montage memory outside the Montage.

You need to load the complete sound bank in user area, here you can delete performances and waveforms you do not need to use.
Library is a "block" you can load a complete library, delete a complete library but not made selective choice to delete in Library.

So if you have already user performances, save an user file.
Load your new bank in user area, it will delete the previous.
Go in Utility > Contents > Data Utility , you have several folders, one for performance one for waveforms, select each waveforms and performances you need to delete , save your edit as an user file and as a library file/
Load the new library file you create
Reload your previous user file.

We need to wait a John Melas Waveform editor to manage more easyly Montage memory area with waveforms, hope it come soon ;)
Montage 7-Motif XF8-Reface CP&DX-DXR12/MG124Cx/Line 6 StageScape M20d/Ketron SD2/Numark IDJ Pro/ Tc Helicon Voice Live Touch.
betovn
United States of America

Unread post by betovn » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 am

Thank you All for the input and education. Does seem a bit complicated. Hoped 2.0 would have addressed this. Can't imagine deleting just Performances would make up too much memory. I'm just trying to keep my new Montage a bit less cluttered.

OK THEN, Could you pls suggest NON-VIBRATO solo and small ensemble Libraries for download (strings, horns, woodwinds, brass). Think ELEANOR RIGBY for strings. Found what little the Montage offers in this area so Libraries are clearly the direction.
Big show next weekend and running out of time!

thank you in advance,

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”