Montage 8 Backing and Appegios

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Basspig

Montage 8 Backing and Appegios

Unread post by Basspig » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Recalling back to about 1970, with the Magnus Chord Organ, the concept of an instrument filling in the harmony based on the melody played is a valuable tool for those of us who are two-handedly challenged. There were several organs sold in the 1970s that did automatic accompaniment, too, and these features improved over time.

I've seen a few demos on the Montage where it sounds like a whole backing band is playing, percussion, bass, and harmonies--all based on the notes being played on the right half of the keyboard.

I would like to know which presets to check out for these features, as well as how to build my own performances that do this wondrous thing. This would revolutionize my music creation, because, while I can come up with melodies, I struggle with chords and harmonies to back it up and add thickness to the piece. It sounds like the arp features of the Montage may solve a lot of these problems for me.

I'm usually sitting, watching a movie screen, and composing as I go along, following what's happening in the visuals. My previous workflow was to record a track at a time in Cakewalk Sonar and struggle a lot. To be able to bang out a decent sounding track in realtime would revolutionize the way I work.
Advertisement
Loopcloud Music App from Loopmasters.com

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”