MONTAGE "Piano Electro" A Motif XF Conversion

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Japan
Monte

Unread post by Monte » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Great article by Phil Clendeninn
Last edited by Monte on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
((i))
User avatar Italy
wavesequence

Re: Free performance: XF "PIANO ELECTRO" for Montage (incl. breakdown & analysis)

Unread post by wavesequence » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 pm

I can't see the reason of republishing here an article already on YamahaSynth that can be read https://yamahasynth.com/resources/monta ... conversion
Yamaha CP4 Montage 7 Motif XF7 AN1x FS1R Motif ES Rack+2 PLG150-AN CS6R+PLG150-VL+PLG150-AN TG77 MU90R Roland JD-Xi D-05 JX-10+PG-800 MKS-70+PG800 FantomXR+6SRX JD-990+SR-JV80-04 JV-2080+8SR-JV80 MGS-64 Korg microKORG microKORG XL+ 2 Wavestation A/D M1REX 03R/W Emu Proteus 2000 Morpheus Waldorf Blofeld desktop Novation Mininova TC Helicon VoiceWorks Plus
Yamaha 01V+MY8AD 2 MotU 828MKIII 2 8PRE 2 Lexicon MX-400 Alesis MIDIVERBIV Yamaha MSP-7 MSP-5 MSP-3 JBL LSR305 LSR310S
Japan
Monte

Re: Free performance: XF "PIANO ELECTRO" for Montage (incl. breakdown & analysis)

Unread post by Monte » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:00 pm

wavesequence,

You're correct. it's also fully credited. I'm not trying to get credit where its not due.

It is my notion that the current state of the (other) forums is pretty messy. You can't find the information especially when you're a newcomer. and old information fades pretty fast. nontheless, those other forums don't support user interaction.

It's important to me to have a Montage community, just like there's a Roland unofficial community, Korg unofficial community, etc. as of today there's hardly a Montage community anywhere. I want to revive this. That's why I think its good so see articles as forum posts, as long as they're being credited.

In a year's time, a new Montage owner will be able to find the information and discussions here, easily.
((i))
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:23 pm

wavesequence wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:55 pm
I can't see the reason of republishing here an article already on YamahaSynth that can be read https://yamahasynth.com/resources/monta ... conversion
Because this is an independent forum. Here people can interact in a way that you can't on Yamaha's site.

On yamahamusicians.com you can private message each other. Plus your posts won't be deleted just because someone at Yamaha has taken offence at your comments. You also wont get flamed for asking a simple question.

Monte credits everything he posts from other sources which is of course as it should be.

I am pretty sure Yamaha are not going to try to tell people that all this information about Montage should be ONLY available to people who visit their own site?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”