Yamaha Montage Piano Library Kontakt - Montage/MODX Libraries

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Canada
vertig0spin

Yamaha Montage Piano Library Kontakt - Montage/MODX Libraries

Unread post by vertig0spin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:58 pm

I've been checking for all the Montage/MODX libraries that are available, both free and ones available for purchase. Of course these ones below are Libraries/Sites that are common to find:

BÖSENDORFER PIANO FOR MONTAGE
CHICK's MARK V for MONTAGE
Wojtek Olszak Montage Pack
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_p ... brary.html
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/sound-a ... ries/synth
http://www.easysounds.de/

In particular I am looking for a library containing a Yamaha C7 Piano, same as the one that comes with the Yamaha Genos workstation.
(* If someone knows where I can get that the C7 piano from the Genos, converted for the Montage/MODX, please share a link)

So in my search I came across this Youtube video for 'Yamaha Montage Piano Library Kontakt' that contains the following pianos (Contains CFX Grand, Bosendorfer and Yamaha Full Concert Grand C7), and the C7 sounds awesome, maybe better sampling than the one on the Genos..!?

Then I started checking to see where that Instrument Plugin piano bundle for Kontakt can be purchased and I can't seem to find anything else besides the Youtube video..!?

Also, I find it interesting that this Kontakt instrument plugin is for the Montage, but there is no library available for the Montage that contains the C7 piano! Does anyone know why this is the case or where that library for the Montage/MODX is available (if at all)?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yamaha Montage Piano Library Kontakt - Montage/MODX Libraries

Unread post by Saul » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Sound like really nice pianos :)

As far as I can tell, the only way to purchase any of these packs is by phoning the Sample Line guys on (042) 9 9907-8814 and ordering that way. I have a feeling they might be in a bit of a grey area with their sampling. I get the impression that these are not officially sanctioned samples?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Saul wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:46 pm
Sound like really nice pianos :)
As far as I can tell, the only way to purchase any of these packs is by phoning the Sample Line guys on (042) 9 9907-8814 and ordering that way. I have a feeling they might be in a bit of a grey area with their sampling. I get the impression that these are not officially sanctioned samples?
Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. Too good to be true or legal maybe..!?

Regarding the C7 Pianos that come with the Genos workstation, do you know if that will be available as a Montage/MODX libaray at some point?
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 pm

I think the actual product is genuine just the legality of it might be questionable. I am only guessing though and it may be perfectly legit but then, why all the cloak and dagger stuff about contacting them and buying it?

As to whether the C7 from Genos would be available for the MODX it is entirely possible but I would not hold out for that. Yamaha have their reasons for only providing certain piano samples on certain instruments and I have no idea what the thinking is behind it but of course we can always ask ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:55 pm

Saul wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 pm
As to whether the C7 from Genos would be available for the MODX it is entirely possible but I would not hold out for that. Yamaha have their reasons for only providing certain piano samples on certain instruments and I have no idea what the thinking is behind it but of course we can always ask ;)
I don't know if you have contacts at Yamaha, but that would be awesome if you could find out. To be honest at this point, if the C7 from the Genos was available as a library on the Montage/MODX(even if I had to purchase it), that would completely tip the scales for me to go with the Yamaha over the Korg. :wink:

Another option that would be just as good or likely even better, is if Synthogy Ivory made a Montage/MODX library of their awesome C7! Synthogy have already made their American Grand available for the Montage/MODX, but it is not nearly as good as the C7 for my taste:
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/synth/american-grand-9

If you listen to the demo "Pursuit" with their American Grand in the link above and compare it to the same "Pursuit" piece with their C7 in the link below, the C7 IMHO even blows the Kronos pianos out of the water.
https://soundcloud.com/synthogy/pursuit-i2
Canada
vertig0spin

Unread post by vertig0spin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Wow, the demos on the https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/synth/e ... nd-montage site for the K-Sounds Epic Grand - Montage library did quite do their product justice. They left this little video gem at the bottom of the page:

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”