I completed mine as soon as I saw it as well...
Is it possible that something like a 3rd engine (i.e. Virtual Analog) could be added to the existing Montage/MODX synths purely via software programming, or is the circuitry not there?
Derek wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:08 am
I completed my survey input immediately! I'm not sure if this relates to future Montage/MODX updates or another product down the line, but you never know!
Derek, I just saw your link above re. 'Add an AN and VL synthesis engine to the Montage', and I signed onto Ideascale right away and up voted it for you ... for all of us!
(I somehow missed that one on Ideascale and recently added basically the same idea...see below)...
In the additional comments section I also mentioned about my ideas on IdeaScale regarding (see the Ideascale links below each to check them out and 'Up Vote' them if you like the idea and would like to see it implemented):
1. VA - It would be great if you add a Virtual Analog engine on the Montage/MODX to put the icing on the cake and make these synths the complete package (I just added this recently prior to receiving the email, so an interesting coincidence)
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 1530-45978
2. AWM2 - It would be great if you added Yamaha VRM (Sympathetic String Resonance) on Montage/MODX Pianos
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 1013-45978
3. AWM2 - It would be great if you added 'Velocity Scaling' especially for pianos using the MODX8 keybed, but also for other programming reasons, providing addition capabilities to enhance/change the sound across the entire keyboard or in sections.
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 4570-45978
4. AWM2 - It would be great if you added a C7 Grand Piano Library for Montage/MODX
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 0797-45978
This next one isn't necessarily pertaining to a particular engine, but I thought it worth mentioning while we have their attention:
5. It would be great if you added 'Punch In/Out' on Single/Selected Tracks of the Montage/MODX Performance Recorder (Sequencer)
https://yamahasynth.ideascale.com/a/dtd ... 4571-45978
If you like any or all of these ideas, please Up Vote them on Idealscale!
Note that with possibly the exception of the VA engine idea, all of the ideas/enhancements I submitted via Ideascale are software based programming changes that could more easily be implemented by Yamaha on their AWM2 engine/OS than a hardware change/enhancement request. Therefore if enough people like and 'Up Vote' any of these ideas, we have a better chance of potentially getting them in a future update!!