Montage and Dell P2418HT Touch Screen

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
dabbler

Montage and Dell P2418HT Touch Screen

Unread post by dabbler » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi ALL,

Has anyone had any experience with using the Dell P2418HT Touch Screen monitor with the Montage? The Dell screen displays the info from the Montage screen and responds to touch. The issue is that on the Dell, when I touch a Live Set preset, for example, it selects a different preset. In other words, the Dell isn't calibrated to the Montage screen. I've tried the calibration routine (press and hold "Part Common" +" Utility" + "Enter"). The white squares for calibration show up on the Dell screen but do not respond to touch.

Any thoughts? The Montage's touch screen is too small for my old eyes.

Thanks,
John
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Montage and Dell P2418HT Touch Screen

Unread post by Saul » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi John, welcome to yamahamusicians.com :)

I had heard of people having problems with external touch screens with the Montage. Some didn't work at all and others have the same issue as you are having. The biggest issue is of course Yamaha do not support external screens with Montage. It is not a listed feature and the fact that you can get it to work at all is more of a accident of design rather than a deliberate tech feature.

You CAN actually output the Montage's screen to a computer...not standalone monitor but COMPUTER. That is a supported feature but only because the variables are more easily adapted to. You still need external gear to make it happen but its there.

So an external touch screen is sometimes going to be hit and miss.

I assume you have seen these videos John?

He is using a Powered USB 2.0 7-Port Hub and Display Link USB 2.0 Display Adapter.

Can you tell us how your Dell is connected to the Montage?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar United States of America
dabbler

Unread post by dabbler » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Thanks Saul! Yes, I have seen the videos. Looks as if I'll have to squint to interact with the screen. Thanks again for the quick response. How do I set up notifications of responses to my posts?

John
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Well I am sure there is a solution somewhere John, we just need to find it :)

There are a couple of ways to make sure you are notified on response to your posts.

If you go into your user profile you can set it to notify you on all responses to your posts.
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.46.51.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.46.51.png (21.27 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Or if you want to be notified when there is a response to a whole thread you can do that by clicking the 'subscribe' link in the menu as in the screenshot below:
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.49.40.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.49.40.png (38.56 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Hope that helps?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”