new libraries

Welcome to the new era from the company that brought you the DX and the Motif. Montage sets the next milestone with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
larryj

new libraries

Unread post by larryj » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:21 pm

just received a reply from Dave Polich regarding new libraries for the montage and the modx. his first release in about a month will be Vintage Keys, I have purchased several libraries from him for my mox6 and to me were one of the best.
Kurzweil

Re: new libraries

Unread post by Kurzweil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:40 pm

I read a few messages (on YamahaSynth.com, I believe) stating that this source offered ensembles for the Montage that included many programs that did not work or were duplicates. I believe that much of the material may have originally been developed for the Motif. I know that one or two individuals may generate negative comments that are without merit. Still, I would want to see if there is any substance to the complaints while shopping for such material, as it is very difficult to seek restitution after purchase.
Last edited by Kurzweil on Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:46 pm

I think this was mentioned somewhere else on the forum but as I understand it you are correct in that this is essentially the same library created for Motif. This is not necessarily a bad thing as long as it has been updated to take advantage of the extra power of the MODX and Montage.

Of course if they simply don't work it is not great but I would have thought it would have all been tested and checked out before release. Can't really imagine Dave Polich putting out a library of sounds that will not work on the the instrument it is intended for.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
Kurzweil

Unread post by Kurzweil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Here is the post I am referring to:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-quest ... eply-76148

I should mention that in hunting for that particular post, I found far more positive ones regarding Mr. Polich.

Return to “Yamaha Montage Forum”