Yamaha LS-TA Action Too High?

Based on their L-series, the transacoustic guitar is a completely revolutionary new concept, creating an instrument that produces the same incredible sound found in a great sounding room.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Yamaha LS-TA Action Too High?

Unread post by Saul » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 pm

Also with an acoustic it takes time for the guitar to settle to your environment and also for you to become used to how it plays and feels. I always give it at least a couple of weeks before making any decisions on whether I like a guitar or not. Sometimes a guitar you start out not liking grows on you and vice versa.

Right now I am loving these Dowina guitars. Had them a few months now and still play all three every day. I rarely want to pick up anything else at the moment :)
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting - Earn 35% Commission On Referrals! www.rabbittree.uk
Derek M
Great Britain

Unread post by Derek M » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:26 pm

I just bought a Yamaha FG-TA and am really excited to have this. Only a few months old, and I don't know anything about its predecessor (?) LS-TA. but I also feel the action is a tad too high. It has new strings though so I will let it settle an see how we go for a few months. It's certainly easier to play with a capo somewhere!

I now have a Yamaha APX 10D 1993 Stereo / Black which just isn't going to get played amongst a couple of other acoustics. Is this a good place to "advertise" it?
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Hi Derek, welcome to yamahamusicians.com :)

When you say the action is a bit too high on your FG-TA can you give us some measurements at both the first and the 12th fret? also maybe some photos?

As long as your not a trader the yes please do go ahead and post your other guitars in the 'For Sale' section of the forum.
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Cabernet DC/Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS/Dowina Rustica GAC/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting - Earn 35% Commission On Referrals! www.rabbittree.uk

Return to “Yamaha Transacoustic LL-TA and LS-TA Guitar Forum”