Yamaha CSF-TA TransAcoustic Parlor Acoustic Electric Guitar Demo

The TransAcoustic guitar is an instrument that uses a built in transducer and on-board processing to produce the same incredible sound found in a great sounding room without a need for external amps or effects.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yamaha CSF-TA TransAcoustic Parlor Acoustic Electric Guitar Demo

Unread post by Saul » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 am

Yamaha CFS-TA.png
Yamaha CFS-TA
Guitar Center put up this demo of the new Yamaha CSF-TA. The guitar itself is not new and has been around for a while but the addition of the TransAcoustic tech makes it a lot more interesting for me.

I am not really a fan of parlour guitars as they tend not to project or sustain very well but with on-board reverb and chorus it takes on a completely different character. Anyway let me know what you think?

Price is £664 which for a guitar that is not all solid build would be considered on the slightly high side these days but keep the TA bit in mind. It does make a big difference. Although you really do need to be "in the room" to appreciate it fully. I have the FS-TA and that is a very nice guitar indeed, especially now the price is down as low as £493 :)

Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Netherlands
Mimasu

Re: Yamaha CSF-TA TransAcoustic Parlor Acoustic Electric Guitar Demo

Unread post by Mimasu » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 pm

Love that sound. I wonder why Yamaha didn't put this in their all solid CSF's. Perhaps that would make the guitar too expensive?

Only reason for not buying: it's addictive :? .

Saw a review on youtube. Same problem. Every time you turn of the reverb and chorus the natural tone of the guitar sounds a bit disappointing.......
But mostly it isn't, it's the effects that fool you.

Leon
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm

The FS-TA I have here sounds great even without the TA active but of course once you turn it on it becomes a bit of a game changer. Definitely addictive!
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar Great Britain
Camphire

Unread post by Camphire » Sun May 12, 2019 1:19 am

It's a very appealing and unique feature. I love reverb. Reverb on an acoustic seemingly out of nowhere and with no wires or plugs to clutter things up is even better. Very tempting.

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sun May 12, 2019 10:25 am

These transacoustic guitars really need to be experienced in person to realise what a fantastic idea it is and how it can greatly add to your playing.

I rarely use any effects at all on guitar. The room I play in has pretty good acoustics but I must admit that when I had the FS-TA here that built in reverb was quite astonishing! And being able to use that anywhere, with no cables or amp is a bit of a game changer.

I would definitely recommend people go to a store and try it for themselves because online videos just don't do these guitars justice.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr

Return to “Yamaha Transacoustic LL-TA, LS-TA, FS-TA, FG-TA Guitar Forum”