LL-TA transacoustic feed back & buzzing

The TransAcoustic guitar is an instrument that uses a built in transducer and on-board processing to produce the same incredible sound found in a great sounding room without a need for external amps or effects.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LL-TA transacoustic feed back & buzzing

Unread post by Saul » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:05 am

Hi mjwoodard, welcome to the forums :)

As far as I know, Yamaha is very good at sorting that particular issue out. It is as you say a known problem.

If you don't get a response from them or not a very helpful one, let me know and I will see if I can prod them a bit ;)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar Wales
anthony.dickson

Unread post by anthony.dickson » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:09 pm

I have two Yamaha’s : an LD10e and more recently an AC1R. Both great guitars but I have issues with the electrics of both. The LD developed an unacceptably loud hum after a couple years. Tried everything to fix it but in the end to pped the lot out and fitted an i-beam, which through my Laney amp sounds WAY better than the original. The AC1R buzzed on every G except on e string. Traced it to the AMF slider, stopped it with spot blue tack, but WHY? Yamaha are spoiling the ship for a ha’penny of tar😕
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:57 pm

I think you nailed it there Anthony. Welcome to the forums by the way :)

Cost-cutting. I think that is what it all comes down to. Quality control is definitely not what it was.

When I review the FG800 a while back I was pretty shocked to discover it had a rough surface on the back of the neck 8O Ok it is a budget guitar but that is no excuse for a poor finish. Yet Yamaha claims every single guitar is checked? Perhaps they are but it counts for nothing if the people doing the so-called "checking" are just passing things regardless of any flaws in the finish.

It used to be the case that Yamaha guitars were built with quality first and uppermost in mind and price second. Now it very much seems to be the other way around :(
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Novation ReMote 61SL/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.

Return to “Yamaha Transacoustic LL-TA, LS-TA, FS-TA, FG-TA Guitar Forum”