LL-TA transacoustic feed back & buzzing

The TransAcoustic guitar is an instrument that uses a built in transducer and on-board processing to produce the same incredible sound found in a great sounding room without a need for external amps or effects.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: LL-TA transacoustic feed back & buzzing

Unread post by Saul »

Hi mjwoodard, welcome to the forums :)

As far as I know, Yamaha is very good at sorting that particular issue out. It is as you say a known problem.

If you don't get a response from them or not a very helpful one, let me know and I will see if I can prod them a bit ;)

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
anthony.dickson

Unread post by anthony.dickson »

I have two Yamaha’s : an LD10e and more recently an AC1R. Both great guitars but I have issues with the electrics of both. The LD developed an unacceptably loud hum after a couple years. Tried everything to fix it but in the end to pped the lot out and fitted an i-beam, which through my Laney amp sounds WAY better than the original. The AC1R buzzed on every G except on e string. Traced it to the AMF slider, stopped it with spot blue tack, but WHY? Yamaha are spoiling the ship for a ha’penny of tar😕

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

I think you nailed it there Anthony. Welcome to the forums by the way :)

Cost-cutting. I think that is what it all comes down to. Quality control is definitely not what it was.

When I review the FG800 a while back I was pretty shocked to discover it had a rough surface on the back of the neck 8O Ok it is a budget guitar but that is no excuse for a poor finish. Yet Yamaha claims every single guitar is checked? Perhaps they are but it counts for nothing if the people doing the so-called "checking" are just passing things regardless of any flaws in the finish.

It used to be the case that Yamaha guitars were built with quality first and uppermost in mind and price second. Now it very much seems to be the other way around :(

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Chip58
Location.: USA

Unread post by Chip58 »

I've had an FS-TA about 9 months. [Love it; I started learning acoustic guitar ~1.5 years ago as a 'bucket list' objective and even in acoustic-only mode the FS-TA has much richer and sustained resonance/sound vs my beginner entry level guitar]. In last month, its developed an issue that sounds effectively identical to that experienced by mjwoodard. Whenever striking a G-sharp on Low E string either singularly or in a chord - I get a resonance-induced mechanical vibration. This is suspiciously only a half-step away from that noted by mjwoodard on an open A-string. The source point of the vibration seems to be coming from the back board on the lower part of the body. (Note: I've been able to rule out the AA-batteries and battery assembly.)

I would be very interested to learn what mjwoodard or others learned was the source of their mechanical vibration! It literally sounds as if something having to do with the lower electronics apparatus is loose.

I'm tempted to remove the top 5 strings, get my hand into the sound hole (if possible) far enough to manually stabilize different components while plucking G-sharp on low E and see if I can determine the offending structure or item.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.