Music Store Dealer reviews

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

musiclover
Chile

question about sell music

Unread post by musiclover » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:29 am

Hi everyone.

i have a question about sell songs, please help

If i create a song using yamaha auto accompaniment, can i sell the song or register as my?

pd: i dont know where to post this question sorry if it is not the forum.
purcell
Germany

Re: question about sell music

Unread post by purcell » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Hello!
Put this to GOOGLE:

Is it legal to publish and/or sell music made with the help of keyboard's voices?

Good luck!
parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Unread post by parametric » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:25 am

I'm sure as far as Voices and Programs are concerned, using them in your own compositions is fine . . .

(OTHERWISE Nobody would BUY these Instruments)

The Auto accompaniments may be problematic. It is generally made "difficult" for them to venture OUTSIDE the instrument.

This may be mentioned in the Manual (in the part most of us DON'T read).

This really needs to be pointed at Yamaha for a definitive answer . . . . . Saul? . . . .

parametric
Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/forum/vie ... =22&t=9217

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
purcell
Germany

Unread post by purcell » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:37 pm

My best idea on the subject: Why not ask YAMAHA directly?

Send an email or letter (or call directly there) to the YAMAHA CUSTOMER SERVICE!

If YAMAHA answers, you know exactly what's going on with it (your question) and can legally rely on YAMAHAs answer .

I also believe that "auto accompaniments" could be a problem.
Derek
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wales

Unread post by Derek » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Why? I think it would be an amazing own goal for Yamaha to sell an auto accompaniment workstation and then ban you from using the output of it either live or recorded.

The OP does not say what arranger keyboard this relates to, but a quick search of the Genos manual provides you the following guidance on Page 7
You are allowed to distribute media in which your performance or music production using these contents is recorded, and the permission of Yamaha Corporation is not required in such case
What you are not allowed to do (as given on the same page) is distribute the "raw data", include computer applications, Accompaniment Style data, MIDI data, WAVE data, voice recording data, a score, score data. etc. That remains Yamaha copyright.

I think that is pretty clear. To me it means I can use all of the "computer applications, Accompaniment Style data, MIDI data, WAVE data, voice recording data, a score, score data. etc." to create a unique composition that is my own, which I can do what I wish with without asking Yamaha.

HTH
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:26 pm

Owners of Yamaha musical instruments may use Yamaha’s preprogrammed sounds (STYLES, VOICES, PERFORMANCES, PATTERNS, ARPEGGIOS, SAMPLE DATA or YAMAHA STYLE DISKS hereinafter collectively referred to as “Programmed Sounds”) for their personal musical pleasure. Examples of permissible use include composing musical pieces using such Programmed Sounds and incorporating them in public performances or in recordings, regardless of whether such compositions, performances or recordings are for profit.

THE FOLLOWING EXAMPLES ILLUSTRATE SOME, BUT NOT ALL, PROHIBITED USES WHICH INFRINGE YAMAHA'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO ITS PROGRAMMED SOUNDS, AND ARE THEREFORE STRICTLY PROHIBITED:

Making copies of Yamaha's Programmed Sounds and making them commercially available or sharing them over the Internet with third parties.
Copying pattern data and selling the same as a musical score (paper or digital format) or incorporated in a musical score software program.
Incorporating any DEMO music in your musical composition, or playing any DEMO music in public performances or recordings.
Making copies of VOICES incorporated into a sound source of a Yamaha musical instrument and selling the same as a program.
Copying or distributing, or making available to third parties for their copy or distribution, any Programmed Sounds.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
musiclover
Chile

Unread post by musiclover » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:45 am

thanks very much for the value information to everyone, soon i public some music, bye.

Return to “Dealer & Seller Reviews”