BB734 Pickup Height

Electric Bass Guitar Forum covering all makes and models of Bass guitar, amplifiers and effects

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

whamni
Great Britain

BB734 Pickup Height

Unread post by whamni » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:14 pm

New member and looking some info on Pickup height and other tips lol for the BB734a

After doing a setup on my new BB734, neck relief, action and intonation, I'm looking a measurement
for the pickup height. Is it much the same as a P bass 1/8 inch 3mm and held down at the last fret ?
cheers
Last edited by whamni on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Struny
Ireland

Re: BB734 Pickup Height

Unread post by Struny » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:01 am

Hi whamni,
I'm no pro so I use trial/error approach. Go with the standard height for P pickup, if volume drops off too fast turning the pot then it's too low, getting distorted, it's too high. Then I try to get volume balanced across the strings and finally similar output for the P and J.
Reviews mention there's no output difference for active/passive mode on the 734, either way a sweet bass ((i))
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: BB734 Pickup Height

Unread post by Saul » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:51 pm

That is probably the way I would go with it too. It's all trial and error and of course not every guitar/bass are the same even if they are the same model. So a bit of tweaking and testing is the best way to get the sound that is right for YOU.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Seagull S6 Original/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors

Return to “Electric Bass Guitar, Amps & Effects”