Using THR 10 as input in Logic

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

Stbknrlx

Using THR 10 as input in Logic

Unread post by Stbknrlx »

The tone of the THR 10 when plugging headphones directly into it is markedly different (better) than when listening via my Universal Audio apollo interface (where the THR 10 is selected as the input in Logic, and my apollo interface as the output). I've tried connecting the phones output on the amp into my interface, but the signal is still degraded. Can't record via microphone at home due to noise/neighbors etc. Is there a way of getting as good a sound into Logic as when listening directly out of the amp headphone output? Have tried just using Logic's amps but again, the sound is nowhere near as crisp and punchy as what comes out of the amp itself. The apollo interface itself is connected to my mac laptop via firewire 800. Could this be affecting the sound quality?

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using THR 10 as input in Logic

Unread post by Saul »

Hi Stbknrlx, welcome to the forums :)

It seems like something is being lost in the mix and that is obviously a result of passing through your Apollo interface and Logic.

I assume you get the same results if you plug your headphones straight into the Mac, so cutting the interface out of the equation?

Saul
Site Admin

Brand Ambassador For Dowina Guitars
Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Stbknrlx

Re: Using THR 10 as input in Logic

Unread post by Stbknrlx »

Thanks for the reply Saul.

I cut out using the Apollo interface and tried using the THR 10 as my playback interface (as well as the input). The problem is, there is a latency situation happening on playback. It records fine, but playback is out of sync. I turned off "Software monitoring" in Logic, but no luck. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks!