What is happening with the Line 6 G10T?

Covers entire Yamaha THR range of guitar amps, heads and cabs.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Adil31

What is happening with the Line 6 G10T?

Unread post by Adil31 »

Hello everyone, I have bought the Yamaha THRII30 because it was answering all my requirements as a young dad. I needed a fantastic sound quickly accessible and sounding great at low volume. To fully achieve the 100% wireless I have ordered as well a Line 6 relay G10T but to my surprise it is now marked as sold out on all the major music dealers (Thomann, Woodbrass, MusicStore...). I have ordered mine on MusicStore but I haven't received anything even if my order stated a delivery for last week. I searched a bit on internet and this G10T is really nowhere to be found. I sent an email to MusicStore but no answer. Does anyone know what is happening? Are Line 6 recalling them back ? A compatibility problem? Thank you guys for any feedback

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: What is happening with the Line 6 G10T?

Unread post by Saul »

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the problems in China at the moment as that is where these units are manufactured.

They are showing as out of stock at all the main retailers here in the UK and the delivery date is "unknown"

It is the same for all the G10 range.

The Boss WL20 is in stock at some retailers but that is more expensive.

There is also the XVive U2 wireless guitar system which costs a little less, they are in stock at most places.

I know you probably wanted to stick with the Line 6 G10 as it is compatible with the THRII but if wireless is the goal may be an alternative is an option?

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
kixsand

Unread post by kixsand »

I was in my local music store yesterday and bought the Yamaha THR 30 II. At the same time I inquired about the Line 6 wireless unit and they told me that it had been "recalled" but that they expected them to start shipping again in March.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Apparently, there is an overheating problem and hence the recall. It would have been really nice if they had bothered to do a press release rather than have customers speculating.

I read somewhere that the issues also affect the THRII.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Adil31

Unread post by Adil31 »

Wow this is really not nice to hear :( I hope these are just rumors not that we have to lose our THR... I am glad to stick to cables just to keep the awesome tones I have these last days... I will write to the guitar dealer to get a refund if they have no plan to deliver it.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Adil31 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:34 pm Wow this is really not nice to hear :( I hope these are just rumors not that we have to lose our THR... I am glad to stick to cables just to keep the awesome tones I have these last days... I will write to the guitar dealer to get a refund if they have no plan to deliver it.
The problem is, no one is officially saying anything. Dealers are telling customers about the issues but Line 6 and Yamaha are keeping very quiet.

It will be sorted out. It just takes time. And will obviously cost Line 6/Yamaha a lot of money although I have absolutely no doubt they will recoup that by increasing prices in a subtle way so no one notices.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

puremusic
Location.: USA

Unread post by puremusic »

Interesting. I am not a guitarist, but I'm now getting interested in wireless solutions and how well they perform.

Looks like the Boss WL-20L is out of stock in a lot of places too, but supposed to be back in three weeks or so.

Roland FP-90 - Touchkeys - NS Wav5C Electric Cello - TEC BC - MIDI Expression
Kontakt - Arturia CS80 - Arturia Piano V - Sonivox Eighty-Eight - Spitfire Symphony Orchestra
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

We have reached the stage now where wireless audio without any perceptible lag is a reality. About time too! Hate having cables all over the place. They should have been consigned to the museum long ago.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

MartinZ

Unread post by MartinZ »

I am glad to already own a G10T. I ordered it a few days after receiving the THR30II and it was on stock.

I use it regularly and can commit, that it gets quite warm after using it a few hours with the guitar.
But it did not feel like overheating, just quite warm.
I wonder why anyway. Sending a signal for 80m range should not be too power consuming.

The overheating problem could perhaps occur on overcharging.
But this could be a design problem of the charger inside the THR as well.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

It probably wasn't something that would affect every GT10 owner but they have to recall all of them as a precaution. You only need one to overheat and cause a fire. That could end in tragedy so it is not worth the risk.

As it affects so few GT10's it probably wasn't picked up in testing.

All devices get warm or hot when charging. It depends on how efficient the batteries are at absorbing the charge. Some are far better than others.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

nocheinpeter

Unread post by nocheinpeter »

Yesterday I got a letter from the shop which sold me the G10T. I should no longer use it due to an overheating issue. Yamaha/Line 6 is investigating and they hope to solve the problem with a software update. Mine is not getting hot by it didn't lasts the promised 7-8h, but only 4h. I use it with my THR30II.

Yamaha Europe Email contact for this issue:
EU.SupportG10@contact.europe.yamaha.com

Sorry, I'm not allowed to post URLs....

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Thanks for the info nocheinpeter (Y)

So they are now sending out letters for the recall. that is good to know.

Still, nothing at all about it on the Line 6 website though, which I find pretty disappointing.

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

parametric
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: Near Watford, United Kingdom

VIP

Unread post by parametric »

Saul wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:57 am Still, nothing at all about it on the Line 6 website though, which I find pretty disappointing.
Indeed. It's PRECISELY what the internet was meant to HELP with :roll:

Still, (as we know) - a website (or Forum) is only as good as those who administer it. :wink:

Which is why THIS ONE is so good ((i)) ((i)) ((i))

parametric 8)

Alesis Fusion 8SSD AND 6SSD - BOTH are 384Mb/120Gb SSD/Akai ADVANCE61/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash Ram/Yamaha SY85/8.5mb vol/1024k non-vol/DX21/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu MATE 15.0.4/iBook G4/Mac OS 10.4.6/ProTools 7.4/MBox2/M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96

NI Komplete11 Ultimate

Sector101 2x SYEMB06 / 4 x EXM-E3 128MB DRAM Module

BRAND NEW DSDD (720k) FLOPPY DISKS FOR SALE - https://yamahamusicians.com/720k-floppy-disks-for-sale/

Watch out now! take care, BEWARE of the greedy leaders! They'll take you where you should not go - (George Harrison)

IT'S TRUE - "MONEY TALKS" - TO ME, IT MOSTLY SAYS "GOODBYE" ;-)
http://www.chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Thsch

Unread post by Thsch »

This was posted on The Gear Page forum
1EBB400D-D68F-4B81-B290-180B83A6790E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Thanks for posting that Thsch (Y)

If it is just a firmware thing it should be an easy fix. Just wondering why they were recalling some units. :think:

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook