THR30II Wireless Headphones?

Covers entire Yamaha THR range of guitar amps, heads and cabs.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

Letitbee
Location.: Spain

THR30II Wireless Headphones?

Unread post by Letitbee »

HI folks !
Do you know if it's possible to connect a headphone wireless to The THR30II wireless ?
Thanks.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: THR30II Wireless Headphones?

Unread post by Saul »

Hi Letitbee, welcome to the forums :)

I have split your topic off from the others in order to give it more visibility.

As far as I know, the THR30II does have Bluetooth but this is for "Audio Playback" in other words, streaming to the amp not streaming from it.

The problems when streaming realtime audio from an instrument like guitar..which you would be doing if playing into the amp and then sending the audio out to Bluetooth headphones is, latency. Even with the best APTX Low Latency headphones the latency will still be around 40ms and that is very noticeable. So when you hit a note on the guitar it will not sound instantly through the headphones.

You can get faster wireless headphones that use the 2.4Ghz range similar to Bluetooth and that would bring the latency down to around 14ms but it would still be noticeable. Not as bad as Bluetooth but still there.

You would also need a transmitter plugged into the headphone out on the amp, similar to the Line 6 Relay G10T. Both the transmitter and the headphones need to support the same protocol.

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Letitbee
Location.: Spain

Re: THR30II Wireless Headphones?

Unread post by Letitbee »

Thanks very much Saul...