Thr10X Editor failed to write to Library....

Covers entire Yamaha THR range of guitar amps, heads and cabs.

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America

Thr10X Editor failed to write to Library....

Unread post by 1984 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 am

Hi,
I am not new to the THR10x :confusion-confused: had it for quite a while but changed its location to a different PC , installed the editor software etc etc , I have a connection (shows connected) I can edit to my hearts desire save the patches to the patch library but when I'm exiting and save it gives me a failed to write to library message , I can save it to my thr10x the old fashioned way by holding the patch buttons and when I do press those patch buttons on the unit it will change the label header on the editor to the name I saved it as but I just cant seem to permanently write to the patch library ...none of the stuff I created is there after I close the editor ...any help would be great and please speak 4 year old so I can understand.
Thank you.
User avatar France

Re: Thr10X Editor failed to write to Library....

Unread post by 314159 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi 1984,

what is your operating system ? Windows ? Which version ? Is it the same version as on the other PC ?
Can you post the exact error message ?

It can be a problem of writing rights.
Or perhaps the library file .YDL is broken.
Or less probably the disk is full.

What happens if you try to save the library in another location using the "File/Save as" menu ? (try for example to save on a USB flash drive)
----------------
THR10 owner
----------------

Unread post by 1984 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:25 am

windows 10 same as the other the exact message is failed to write library file
I can save as and save it to my desktop ...I'm thinking a file may be missing ?? where does it save the files ? what is the name of the file ?
User avatar France

Unread post by 314159 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:00 pm

1984 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:25 am
I can save as and save it to my desktop ...I'm thinking a file may be missing ?? where does it save the files ? what is the name of the file ?
I don't know where is saved the library by default. I save it in my own directory. It's a file with a .YDL extension. You can name it as you want (so you can have several libraries if needed). Each library can contain 100 presets. I think that the THR Editor is automatically loading the last used library.
----------------
THR10 owner
----------------

Unread post by 1984 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:39 am

ok I deleted and re dowloaded the thr10x file and everything is working , thing is I've done that at least twice before I dunno.....but its working now ....thank you

Return to “Yamaha THR Forum”