Why does my Yamaha THR10X sound brighter after being recorded and played back?

Covers entire Yamaha THR range of guitar amps, heads and cabs.

Moderators: Derek, Buzzard, parametric, Saul

User avatar Armenia
ForTheHord

Why does my Yamaha THR10X sound brighter after being recorded and played back?

Unread post by ForTheHord » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Hey everyone! So I'm trying to record my 7 string through the THR10X with Reaper. I don't apply any amp vst's/effects/eq's on the Reaper, so recording with the current amp settings of the THR itself through USB, yet the sound of the recorded track turns out significantly brighter than when playing through the amp. The sound on the recorded track is actually much more preferrable since my guitar is downtuned to drop A: it just sounds more bright, clear and punchy on the recorded track. Any ideas on why this happens?
Last edited by ForTheHord on Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why does my Yamaha THR10X sound brighter after being recorded and played back?

Unread post by Saul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:50 am

Hi FTH (ref to WoW there?) Welcome to the forums and the string section ;)

I could be wrong but I would imagine this is because when recording via USB you are in the digital domain whereas when playing the guitar straight through the amp the resulting sound you hear is analog. At least I "think" that is what is happening, maybe someone else can chip in here?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors

Return to “Yamaha THR Forum”