THR10C very loud hum/squeal

Covers entire Yamaha THR range of guitar amps, heads and cabs.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar Netherlands
Suncloud

Re: THR10C very loud hum/squeal

Unread post by Suncloud » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm

314159 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:29 am
Suncloud wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:41 am
Did a few more tests this morning and found out that all sockets on the kitchen group are fine (kitchen, bath, loo) and all on the other one (livingroom, hall, bedroom) are not.
OK, so it seems the earth is good in rooms with water, where the danger is maximum. But it's still a problem for the other rooms... :confusion-confused:

In the meantime, you can just use an extension cord from a water room to the room where you play... :music-guitarred:
Just remembered this. I wrote to my landlord who sent someone to do some work on the sockets in my livingroom. This fixed part of the problem. The other part of the problem, crackling was *blush* a poor connection at the guitar jack. Oh well.. now I learned how to do soldering. :mrgreen:

I also re-evaluated my amp, sold it and bought a second-hand THR instead for the same price. I think that one fits better to what I like even though the colour is less cool. The black plastic sides just look cheap. I just wanted a wee bit more gain for some occasions.
User avatar France

Re: THR10C very loud hum/squeal

Unread post by 314159 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Suncloud wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Just remembered this. I wrote to my landlord who sent someone to do some work on the sockets in my livingroom. This fixed part of the problem. The other part of the problem, crackling was *blush* a poor connection at the guitar jack. Oh well.. now I learned how to do soldering. :mrgreen:
Great ! for your security (perhaps your amp saved your life)... and for playing !
And soldering can be useful with cables and other guitar stuff...
Suncloud wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm
I also re-evaluated my amp, sold it and bought a second-hand THR instead for the same price. I think that one fits better to what I like even though the colour is less cool. The black plastic sides just look cheap. I just wanted a wee bit more gain for some occasions.
I never see the black plastic, I am always in front of the amp ! <->
----------------
THR10 owner
----------------

Return to “Yamaha THR Forum”