THR100HD long delivery time - a sign of a new model coming?

Covers entire Yamaha THR range of guitar amps, heads and cabs.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Buzzard, Saul

User avatar Denmark
mcBrain

THR100HD long delivery time - a sign of a new model coming?

Unread post by mcBrain » Fri May 31, 2019 8:12 pm

My THR100HD had some problems and I sent it in for repair. Long story short, they sent it to the wrong place and lost it for about 8 weeks. I then got the choice to wait another 3-4 weeks to have the old one fixed, get a brand new one or get my money back as a store credit. I took the credit, since the next delivery wasn't until august.

https://www.musicstore.de/da_DK/DKK/Yam ... 036697-000

The date got me wondering though. Why the long delivery time. And the date is only a few weeks after Summer Namm. hmm ... maybe an updated model? Could this be Yamaha's way of avoiding angry costumers? I sure hope so, but I'm probably wrong.
Last edited by mcBrain on Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: THR100HD long delivery time - a sign of a new model coming?

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:40 am

I did ask about new THR models a while back as some dealers in other parts of the world had been mentioning it. However Yamaha UK would not comment on any potential new versions and I would normally take that to mean that there is indeed something new on the way. Unless it is confirmed of course we really don't know for sure.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer

Return to “Yamaha THR Forum”