FRAUD WARNING: Spinex pu's on REVERB

Discuss the Yamaha SG, your favourite models, favourite players, tell us about your own SG in fact anything at all Yamaha SG related.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Denmark
DCdane

FRAUD WARNING: Spinex pu's on REVERB

Unread post by DCdane » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:31 pm

FRAUD WARNING: Yamaha SPINEX pu set from 1978, listed from Germany.

The pickups being sold by "Gabriels Gear Garage" are pickups from a Yamaha SF500 and are ordinary ALNICO V pickups having a fraction of the value of genuine SPINEX PUs. I have tried multiple times to educate the seller, including providing references, to no avail.

Considering this and considering that the listing contains info that requires some in-depth knowledge, e.g. how to decode the numbers on the pickup and what a real SPINEX pickup may go for, it appears to be an attempt to commit fraud. The seller has been told this, also that I will report him. Again to no avail. Thus this posting.

- DCdane
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FRAUD WARNING: Spinex pu's on REVERB

Unread post by Saul » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks DCdane...welcome to the forum by the way :)

Have you reported this to REVERB and if so what was their response?
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Yamaha FS-TA/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors
User avatar Denmark
DCdane

Re: FRAUD WARNING: Spinex pu's on REVERB

Unread post by DCdane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks, Saul.

I have been reading the site for a long time, but this is indeed my first posting. I have reported the scam via REVERB's facebook page, and got the response that their listing group would look into it.

I have been buying on eBay for decades, but only recently started looking at Reverb. I am surprised Reverb does not have an easy way to report fraudulent listings. That said, the response via Facebook was very quick. I hope they do something about it.

- DCdane

Return to “Discussion Forum”