SG 3000 identification?

Discuss the Yamaha SG, your favourite models, favourite players, tell us about your own SG in fact anything at all Yamaha SG related.

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar Great Britain
chillidoggy

SG 3000 identification?

Unread post by chillidoggy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:12 am

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and hoping to perhaps learn more about my Yamaha SG 3000.

It was brand new when I bought it early in 2012, I was told it was found in a warehouse in France, and possibly one of the last 3000's to be made. I have no idea whether this is true, and so far I've been unable to find out much more. It's a wine red colour, serial number HQX091E.

Since then, I've only used it twice. Shame, but there you go. It's such a nice guitar, I'm worried about damaging it by gigging or rehearsing, so it never gets used, and still has the protective film on the black bits!

If anyone can tell me a bit more about it, the year of manufacture maybe that would be great. The certificate the came with it was signed by Koybayshi if that's any help.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Ultimate Vocal Library
User avatar Netherlands
Mimasu

Re: SG 3000 identification?

Unread post by Mimasu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi,

The serial indicates October 2010.

Last year of the SG3000 in European export catalogs was 2009. In 2010 Yamaha started advertising the new SG series. So yours could very well be one of the last ones.

Leon
chillidoggy

Unread post by chillidoggy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:05 am

Thanks, at least I now know what year it is!

I have tried, but information appears to be scarce indeed.
chillidoggy

Unread post by chillidoggy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:37 am

After some serious consideration, I've decided to sell it, and would welcome suggestions as to how much it's worth. It's as new, wine red finish and comes with the original hard case etc.

Return to “Discussion Forum”