DTXplorer and Presonus studio One

Covers all of the Yamaha DTX range of electronic drums

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
Ratherbephishin

DTXplorer and Presonus studio One

Unread post by Ratherbephishin » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:15 pm

I have 2 Yamaha DTXplorer electronic drum kits that I have combined to make 1 large kit. I was using one of the drum modules to trigger all cymbals and the other to trigger toms/snare/kicks. Currently I run one module midi out and the other 1/4 out to record both at the same time in separate tracks (cymbals ate midi data and toms are audio wavelength). I have the cymbals programmed on Impact and have just been using preset Tom sounds from the module. I got a midi merger since I am running everything into a USB audiobox and am wanting to get all midi data and have all the samples coming from assignments in Impact. The problem I have run into is that the 2 drum modules send the same midi notes so essentially my cymbals in Impact are all that is triggered (i.e A0 was triggering a crash via midi before but now the snare Tom also triggers A0 resulting in just another duplicate crash). It appears that I cannot reassign midi notes in the Yamaha module. Is there a workaround for this that anyone can think of? Thanks a bunch for any advice anyone has.
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DTXplorer and Presonus studio One

Unread post by Saul » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:42 am

And I thought keyboards and MIDI were complicated :lol: Welcome to the forums by the way ;)

I don't know enough about the DTXplorer to help much but I assume you can't simply take the pads etc from one kit and add them to the other..assigning them in the module so they trigger different drums? I always thought these modules were expandable in that way? e.g you buy the basic kit and could then add things over time?

I'm no MIDI guru so will have to leave the specifics to someone else although I do know someone at Yamaha who may be able to help if no one on the forum can.
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Makro Racer
User avatar United States of America
Ratherbephishin

Re: DTXplorer and Presonus studio One

Unread post by Ratherbephishin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:59 am

Thanks for your response Saul! I have maxed out the modules with pads so the inputs are all full making adding more to a single module not possible. I'm new to midi as well. I sent an email to Yamaha tech support to see if they could suggest a workaround. It's unfortunate that the module won't let me reassign the midi send notes. That would easily take care of the issue. I'm hoping I can find a workaround or I may have to purchase a different module for one kit that let's me edit the midi send notes.

Return to “Yamaha Electronic Drums”