which is best HH controller for multi 12?

Covers all of the Yamaha DTX range of electronic drums

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

User avatar United States of America
joab

which is best HH controller for multi 12?

Unread post by joab » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:02 pm

yamaha's hh40 or hh65? or a 3rd party controller>
also same with the kick is KU100 the best without using a pad and real kick pedal?
thanks Joab
Advertisement
1000 Free EDM Samples
User avatar Germany
AndreAlfes

Re: which is best HH controller for multi 12?

Unread post by AndreAlfes » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:21 am

Hey Joab, I bought the Yamaha HH 65 a month ago and used a video (link cannot be posted here - write PM) to configure the pad. It is not perfect, sometimes the pad on the M12 does not react correctly to the open or close position of the pedal, but overall I would buy it again. André
User avatar Ireland
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:58 pm

AndreAlfes wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:21 am
Hey Joab, I bought the Yamaha HH 65 a month ago and used a video (link cannot be posted here - write PM) to configure the pad. It is not perfect, sometimes the pad on the M12 does not react correctly to the open or close position of the pedal, but overall I would buy it again. André
You can post a link but just take off the http or www from the beginning. People can then copy and paste into their browser.

We stop direct hyperlinks for two reasons. First because sites that are linked to rarely link back to us and that causes issues for our SEO. But also it is to help prevent spam links. After your first 50 posts to the forum that restriction is lifted. (Y)
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Minelab Equinox, Golden Mask One 15 kHz.
User avatar United States of America
joab

Unread post by joab » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 pm

AndreAlfes wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:21 am
Thanks Andre! yeh I did a bit of research and found the HH40 was not supported so my HH65 is on order and should be with me early next week. I will drop you a PM if I struggle connecting it when it comes - thanks. I already bought the ku100 and am pleasantly surprised. The biggest impact on using the multi 12 though has been the proper stand. previously I just modified a snare stand but the perfect placement was not good. Now it plays so much better. Just wish Yamaha would implement PC config instead of just IOS but I doubt that will ever happen now.

@saul... good to know about the links as I have had the same issue when posting too. thnkx
User avatar Germany
AndreAlfes

Unread post by AndreAlfes » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi Joab,

if you google "How to configure the HH65 hi-hat pedal on Yamaha DTX Multi-12" the first page is very helpful.

André

Return to “Yamaha Electronic Drums”