Joy of EX PDF?

Sounds and documents for the Yamaha EX5 & EX7

Moderators: parametric, Derek, Saul

FREEMOVEMENTARTS
United States of America

Joy of EX PDF?

Unread post by FREEMOVEMENTARTS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello,

I'm new to the EX5, and while I understand that folks are figuring out the best way to equitably distribute some/any of the ex5tech patch collections, is there anyone willing to share this "joy of EX" PDF I keep hearing about? I can't find it anywhere.

Many thanks!
FREEMOVEMENTARTS
United States of America

Re: Joy of EX PDF?

Unread post by FREEMOVEMENTARTS » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:58 pm

Follow-up - I've received this PDF from another EX-er, but will wait to post it until a moderator tells me it is ok to do so, as I don't know the original source of the document, nor its author.
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Cayman Islands

Unread post by jima » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:59 pm

The author and source of the "Joy of EX" was attributed to Yamaha UK and as such will be their copyright so shouldn't be posted here at the moment. There is a project in hand at the moment to identify what may be uploaded freely without definite copyright infringement from a pot of quite a few hundred files (final number TBD) and what will require explicit permission from the originators but once a reasonable 'starter' selection has been identified files will start to flow. Sources will include not only EX5Tech but any Yamaha documents around (such as Joy of EX), the old AMPFEA EX section and as many private archives from historic contributors as we can find and contact (given that many email links will no doubt be dead by now).

BTW if we are able to formally upload the "Joy of EX" we will also be able to put up the companion diskette which came with it.
Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno
Loves keyboards but so little time :(
FREEMOVEMENTARTS
United States of America

Unread post by FREEMOVEMENTARTS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Thanks Jim, that's great news – thank you for your work on this!

Return to “Yamaha EX5 & Yamaha EX7 Downloads”