FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING
We don't have a great many rules on this forum. The ones we do have are mostly common sense but there are a couple which you do need to pay close attention to. You can read the latest version of the rules here: viewtopic.php?t=5958

AfterTouch Complete

AfterTouch was the official publication of The Yamaha Users Group and came out to accompany the release of the Yamaha DX series synths with particular emphasis on the Yamaha DX7

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

mu:zines Great Britain

Re: AfterTouch Complete

Unread post by mu:zines »

rawl747 wrote:BTW, the mu:zines music magazine archive is very cool!
8)
mu:zines | music magazine archive
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Electronics & Music Maker, Music Technology and more...
rawl747 United States of America
Where Are You Located?: Virginia Beach, VA USA

Unread post by rawl747 »

Glad to be able to say that http://yates.ca/dx7/ is back up...
DX7 (MKI) w/ E! Card & S80 Keyboard synths
Nektar Impact LX88+ K/B, WX7 & MDT (Morrison Digital Trumpet) MIDI windcontrollers, TEC MIDI Breath & Bite controller
VL70m synth module w/ Patchman Turbo
Tx81Z, FB-01, RX-5, Roland XV-5080, Emu Emulator E6400 Classic - (this last thanks to James M.)
Win 10 Pro 64 bit with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 with Behringer ADA8200 & MOTU MIDI Express XT
Cubase Pro 13, Halion 7, NI - Kontakt 7, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Bitwig, IKMultimedia SampleTank 4, 3 & 2.5XL, Spitfire BBC SO Pro, EWQL Symphonic Orch Gold, Kirk Hunter Diamond SO, AAS Suite, BiaB 2024, Emulator X v2 & v3, Wusik Suite, Vienna Ensemble Pro v7
Assorted acoustic brass & woodwind instruments plus numerous guitars both acoustic & electric
Harmonicas - oh and a 100+ years old full upright piano...

"...there is no one absolutely essential truth for all people and ... every time I look at a coin, I instinctively want to look at the other side." -Peter Jennings

Only one more Electronic Soundmaker issue to go now, and they'll be complete on mu:zines, and the next batch of issues will be back to Sound On Sound (with the rest of those "Practically FM" articles) - there's now a display of the next items in the process queue on the home page now, so you can get an idea what's coming up next...
Last edited by mu:zines on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vintage issues of Sound On Sound, Electronics & Music Maker, Music Technology and more...
Derek Wales
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Where Are You Located?: Wales, UK

Unread post by Derek »

Hey, had a quick browse. Those E&MM scans bring back memories - some triggered just by the covers. It was my Step-Dad that got me into synths by mistake. As a teenager I was interested in electronics, and he used to buy me magazines like Everyday Electronics. But one day in 1980 or 1981 (I still don't know why - but probably because it was top of the pile) he came back with Electronics and Music Maker, with its articles on synth bands (I was getting into Ultravox at the time) and plans for building the Maplin 5600 synth. I was hooked! Happy days
Regards
Derek Cook

http://www.carregddu.co.uk
http://www.echoes-music.co.uk
http://www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
http://www.ex5tech.co.uk

AndyHornBlower wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:13 pmApparently, they have scans of all of soundonsound, but I'm not clear if they're going to be able to finish putting them online or not. They have the first two installments of Practically FM, by Martin Russ, on their website. I assume there should be more, after that:
A quick headsup: All the issues featuring all 6-parts of the 'Practically FM" series are now online...
rawl747 United States of America
Where Are You Located?: Virginia Beach, VA USA

Unread post by rawl747 »

Thanks for the heads up! Always looking for resurrected FM & DX articles and books.

Cheers,
Rawl
DX7 (MKI) w/ E! Card & S80 Keyboard synths
Nektar Impact LX88+ K/B, WX7 & MDT (Morrison Digital Trumpet) MIDI windcontrollers, TEC MIDI Breath & Bite controller
VL70m synth module w/ Patchman Turbo
Tx81Z, FB-01, RX-5, Roland XV-5080, Emu Emulator E6400 Classic - (this last thanks to James M.)
Win 10 Pro 64 bit with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 with Behringer ADA8200 & MOTU MIDI Express XT
Cubase Pro 13, Halion 7, NI - Kontakt 7, Komplete 13 Ultimate, Bitwig, IKMultimedia SampleTank 4, 3 & 2.5XL, Spitfire BBC SO Pro, EWQL Symphonic Orch Gold, Kirk Hunter Diamond SO, AAS Suite, BiaB 2024, Emulator X v2 & v3, Wusik Suite, Vienna Ensemble Pro v7
Assorted acoustic brass & woodwind instruments plus numerous guitars both acoustic & electric
Harmonicas - oh and a 100+ years old full upright piano...

"...there is no one absolutely essential truth for all people and ... every time I look at a coin, I instinctively want to look at the other side." -Peter Jennings
Retroman Greece

Unread post by Retroman »

Great and thanks !