Downloads for the Yamaha V50 4op FM Workstation

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Yamaha V50 Sounds

Unread post by Saul »

I have never owned the Yamaha V50 and am not even sure why I have these sounds in my collection. I can't tell you what is here other than the disk is named PDV50 so if you know what these sounds are please update the thread.
PDV50.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Shop Solid Top Guitars Starting at $295
Logic

Re: Yamaha V50 Sounds

Unread post by Logic »

Hi Saul,
This is an old post but I don't see any answer for you. I downloaded these a couple of weeks ago and they work fine - It two "all" V50 files and each one one includes 100 voices, 100 performances, and rhythm and sequencer song set up. SDV501YE has 2 demo song called "So What? and "Perform" while SDV502YE has one demo song called ArtOPete. The performances and voices all have prefix *PJ on the names and I think this might mean they were developed by a Peter Jung. His name appears as one of the creators of the demo songs on the original V50 demo disk.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Hi Logic, a very warm welcome to the forums :)

Thanks so much for taking time to provide that info. Surprising no one else has given the amount of times the file has been downloaded but I guess that is just the nature of forums :think:

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
jima
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Location.: West Midlands, UK.

Unread post by jima »

From the archived Yamaha site. As these are ancient, archived and no longer available I don't think I see any IP issues so enjoy! Zipped as the file extensions get rejected by the up-loader.
V50_Yamaha.zip
V50A.MID
V504.MID
V503.MID
V502.MID
V501.MID
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim
Yamaha EX5, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord Modular G2, G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, MIDISPORT 8x8/s, Uno, Arturia Keylab 49 MkII, BeatStep, V Collection, Pigments | Love keyboards but so little time :(
Peter Jung

Unread post by Peter Jung »

Logic wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:10 am Hi Saul,
This is an old post but I don't see any answer for you. I downloaded these a couple of weeks ago and they work fine - It two "all" V50 files and each one one includes 100 voices, 100 performances, and rhythm and sequencer song set up. SDV501YE has 2 demo song called "So What? and "Perform" while SDV502YE has one demo song called ArtOPete. The performances and voices all have prefix *PJ on the names and I think this might mean they were developed by a Peter Jung. His name appears as one of the creators of the demo songs on the original V50 demo disk.
Dear all, I have just been trying to refresh my memory in the preparation of an interview that has been scheduled about FM and MONTAGE and my history with YAMAHA which dates back to the year 1985 and also about the V50 programming.

While I was trying to get my thoughts together, I stumbled over this post.

Indeed, SDV501YE and SDV502YE are the official YAMAHA EUROPE (located in Rellingen, that's why the names end with YE; SD stands for Sound Disk) releases of two libraries that I created for the V50 as well as the demo tracks that have been referred to, at least to my best memory. I still have the original disks at home but do not have a V50 any more. And yes, I used "*PJ" to identify my (V50) programs and still do sometimes, e.g. when it comes to the MOTIF XF and the MONTAGE or the Reface DX.

Flattering to see that my name has not been forgotten completely.

If you wish, feel free to e-mail me at peter.jung_AT_kommmunikationstechnik.org.

Bests,
Peter (Jung)

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Saul »

Hi Peter. A very warm welcome to the forum :)

I still don't know why I had that PDV50 disk. Perhaps I was going to buy a V50 at one point and started collecting sounds for it. I know I definitely wanted a V50 when it came out but, alas it was a very long time ago and it all seems to have faded into the mysts of time :think:

Is that interview you are doing going to be something we will be able to access at some point? It would be fascinating to hear more about your history with Yamaha :)

Saul
Site Admin

Follow Us On Facebook