Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Sal Gallina TX81Z Voice Performance Examples

Unread post by Saul »

Sal Galina Yamaha TX81Z.png
I "think" these are from a tape that came with the TX81Z?
SalGallina_TX81Z-VoicePerformance_Examples.rar
SalGallina_TX81ZDX7-Voice_Examples.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Saul
Site Admin

Appreciate the forum? Buy me a coffeeImage
Acoustic Guitar Reviews On Facebook
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is at times supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may help support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.
Loopmasters Sale
AndyHornBlower

VIP

Re: Sal Gallina TX81Z Voice Performance Examples

Unread post by AndyHornBlower »

Cool. I hadn't heard those demos before.

It seems likely they correspond to the patches from the cassette which came with "Expressive FM Applications", by Sal Galina. I did play those, briefly, with my WX5, but they sound much better on the demo - probably due to the player, more than anything. I'll have to give them another go. I looked for the book a few times, but it's mostly sold for stupid prices. It doesn't seem to be much more than a pamphlet either.

I've attached what I have - a bank of 32 patches and a bank of performances (usually 24).
Sal-Voices.syx
Sal-Performances.syx

It's quite possible I found them somewhere in this forum, but I can't see where.

I realise now that JSynthLib only imported the patches, not the performances, so I've only tried the patches on their own. That would be part of the difference too. I'll try again, soon, and send the performances direct to the TX81Z, with MIDI-OX.

Here's a screenshot of the Sal-Voices.syx patches bank, imported into JSythLib, showing the patch names:

Sal-Voices.syx.gif

The two INIT ones at the end are starting points for making a breath patch and a keyboard patch. I think those were used for exercises in the book. The don't do much; they just seem to be intended as a blank template.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Slow the spread of #covid19 Coronavirus : #Masks4All #masks4all
AndyHornBlower

VIP

Re: Sal Gallina TX81Z Voice Performance Examples

Unread post by AndyHornBlower »

For those interested in using wind controllers or even breath control with a keyboard, e.g. with Yamaha FM synths, VSTis or any other synth engine that can be controlled dynamically by breath, you're welcome to join the OpenWindControllerForum (and group), on groups.io:

https://openwindcontrollerforum.groups.io

After Yahoo decided to pull the plug on Yahoo Groups, many of them migrated to groups.io. The OpenWindControllerForum group was set up by an enthusiast, Rudy Verpaele, who also wrote a very useful patch editor and librarian for the Yamaha VL70m physical modelling synth module, and has since been working on other wind controller projects.

It's not commercial - it's for anyone interested in any sort of wind controlled synthesis, or any electronic or electric wind instrument.

The group is essentially a mailing list, but can also be viewed and used online in a similar way to a forum. It's free to all, and anyone interested is welcome to join.

Slow the spread of #covid19 Coronavirus : #Masks4All #masks4all