Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Sal Gallina TX81Z Voice Performance Examples

Unread post by Saul » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:07 am

Sal Galina Yamaha TX81Z.png
Sal Galina Yamaha TX81Z.png (316.73 KiB) Viewed 338 times
I "think" these are from a tape that came with the TX81Z?
SalGallina_TX81Z-VoicePerformance_Examples.rar
(30.7 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
SalGallina_TX81ZDX7-Voice_Examples.rar
(48.5 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Saul
Site Admin
Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC.

Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Ashbury AG-160/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
AndyHornBlower
Great Britain

Re: Sal Gallina TX81Z Voice Performance Examples

Unread post by AndyHornBlower » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Cool. I hadn't heard those demos before.

It seems likely they correspond to the patches from the cassette which came with "Expressive FM Applications", by Sal Galina. I did play those, briefly, with my WX5, but they sound much better on the demo - probably due to the player, more than anything. I'll have to give them another go. I looked for the book a few times, but it's mostly sold for stupid prices. It doesn't seem to be much more than a pamphlet either.

I've attached what I have - a bank of 32 patches and a bank of performances (usually 24).
Sal-Voices.syx
(4.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sal-Performances.syx
(2.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet

It's quite possible I found them somewhere in this forum, but I can't see where.

I realise now that JSynthLib only imported the patches, not the performances, so I've only tried the patches on their own. That would be part of the difference too. I'll try again, soon, and send the performances direct to the TX81Z, with MIDI-OX.

Here's a screenshot of the Sal-Voices.syx patches bank, imported into JSythLib, showing the patch names:

Sal-Voices.syx.gif
Sal-Voices.syx.gif (15.86 KiB) Viewed 46 times

The two INIT ones at the end are starting points for making a breath patch and a keyboard patch. I think those were used for exercises in the book. The don't do much; they just seem to be intended as a blank template.

Return to “Yamaha TX81Z Downloads”