Roland RD 88

All Roland Keyboard and equipment that doesn't have a dedicated section

Moderators: Derek, parametric, Saul

Eduardo Rojas

Roland RD 88

Unread post by Eduardo Rojas »

RD pianos have been the choice of professional keyboardists for more than 30 years, appearing on stages around the world. Now you can have the acclaimed RD sound and playability in a lighter, more accessible, and more affordable instrument.

Lightweight and compact design for easy transport and setup
Ivory feel piano-touch keyboard (PHA-4) for world-class playability
New SuperNATURAL pianos and electric pianos based on acclaimed RD series
Easy to use interface optimized for performance
Three zones with external control and Apple MainStage integration
Room-filling, onboard speaker system
World-class playability
For over three decades, RD pianos have been trusted by professionals, night after night, on stages the world over. One key reason is how playable they are, and how connected you feel when you play one. You get sturdy controls and smooth, reliable keyboard action that feels natural—never stiff, never spongy.

Authentic sounds
A great stage piano needs sounds that are authentic and have character. The RD-88 draws upon its rich heritage and features newly developed SuperNATURAL pianos and electric pianos that can go from sparkle to grit with a few knob twists. And for extra versatility, there's a curated selection of acoustic and electronic sounds from our historic legacy using the ZEN-Core Synthesis System found in our flagship synthesizers.

Refreshingly simple
RD pianos are easy to connect with, thanks to their intuitive controls and friendly layout. The RD-88 is no different, giving you just what you need for confident and expressive performances. Vital controls are clearly marked and always in reach, so you can quickly find your favorite sounds, add effects, or shape the tonal balance to suit the venue.

Integrate soft synths
Sometimes you need a very specific sound or the unique capabilities of a particular soft synth or sample library. The RD-88 has three zones that can be configured with internal sounds, or can integrate and control soft synths from Apple MainStage. This makes it simple to duplicate the sound of a track live or mix favorite soft synths with the RD-88's own palette of sounds.

Fits your life
The RD-88's clean and compact design fits neatly into your lifestyle. Its lightweight and sturdy build makes it easy to take with you and quick to set up, even on small stages or in cramped rehearsal spaces. And the room-filling integrated speaker system is ultra-convenient and lets you play with less clutter and less fuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH_k9YWEsgU

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Re: Roland RD 88

Unread post by Saul »

Must admit I do like Roland keyboards. I have probably had more Roland's than any other make over the last 40 years or so.

I particularly like the integration with Main Stage. More keyboards should be going down that route.

Also I think Roland have priced it just right and I can see this being quite a success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC75AzdrEfY
Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

anotherscott

Unread post by anotherscott »

If you want a versatile lightweight gig-friendly hammer-action 88 with speakers and lots of sounds, I think this and the Casio PX-560 are the two to look at. Each has some significant features the other does not. Roland has much better MIDI controller functionality, and when it comes to splits/layers, you can put independent insert effects on three parts (vs. only one part being able to have its own effects on the Casio), and it includes VA synth capability (PX-560 lacks even a monophonic synth mode). Casio advantages include more split/layer parts (4, which can even be extended to 24 with hexlayers, whereas Roland is 3), full on-board sound editing (it looks like the only deep editing on the Roland might be to own another zen-core board that has editing), and built-in sequencer. I'll be curious to see comparisons in their sounds and actions.

Eduardo Rojas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZs173QXE8w

Fleer

Unread post by Fleer »

Ordered. May take a month to arrive though.

Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location.: UK, West Sussex

Unread post by Saul »

Fleer wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:05 am
Ordered. May take a month to arrive though.
Yep, a lot of delays right now. You will be busy when it does turn up though. Your i3 and RD88? Fun times ahead (Y)
Saul
Site Admin
Thalia Capos

Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel!
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Tumblr
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

Please Note: This site is supported by Amazon Associate and other affiliate links. Any links in my posts may lead to products on the Amazon website or other vendors websites. These will not incur any extra cost to you but may support the running costs of the site via the generation of a small commission should you choose to purchase a product.

Fleer

Unread post by Fleer »

Thanks Saul. Ordered the Reason Suite 11 upgrade too. Fun times indeed.

Eduardo Rojas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YSwj0wJu-E