Yamaha Genos Vocal Harmony

Yamaha Genos digital workstation keyboard

Moderators: Buzzard, Derek, parametric, Saul

MaFaKeys
Netherlands

Yamaha Genos Vocal Harmony

Unread post by MaFaKeys » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:13 pm

Saul, to my knowledge, the Yamaha Genos can apply Vocal Harmony to a track in a Song or to the Left Hand voice, and 2 Vocoder types.
There seems to be no way to apply vocal harmony to either Right1, Right2 or Right 3, is that correct?
Only when you use the vocoder you can set it to either be controlled to Lower or Upper (based on split point).
If this is true, will Yamaha consider a software update to make VH available by playing the Upper (R1, R2 or R3) voices?

Thanks,
Marc
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Re: Yamaha Genos Vocal Harmony

Unread post by Saul » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:34 am

I'm going to check on that Marc. I have a friend at Yamaha USA who got the first Genos into the country and what he doesn't know about Tyros and Genos is not worth knowing. I'll get in touch with him, although someone else may be able to answer this in the meantime.
Saul
Site Admin
Review Yamahamusicians.com on Trustpilot
Follow us on Twitter @YamahaMusicians
Follow Us On Facebook
Original Scarab On Facebook
Dowina Chardonnay/Dowina Rustica/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Website Design & Managed Hosting www.rabbittree.uk
MaFaKeys
Netherlands

Unread post by MaFaKeys » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:33 pm

Thanks Saul, I 'm also using a Clavinova (505) which does have this enabled, so maybe it's something I need to find out, I'd find it hard to imagine Yamaha would step away from this functionality. But I couldn't find it in the manual and trying to find it "intuitively" on the keyboard itself didn't work.
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:17 pm

I think everyone should be back in the office tomorrow or Wed at the latest so I will definitely get an answer on this for you.

Genos of course is quite a complex beast so there is good chance you can do what you want to do but it is hidden in a menu somewhere.

Apart from this issue, what do you think of Genos in general?
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook
Dowina Chardonnay/Dowina Rustica/Seagull S6 Original/Harley Benton CLA-15MCE/Roland FA-07/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Amplitube 3.0/Apple iMac 27"/GarageBand 10.0.3/Logic Pro X/Cubase AI 9/Absynth 5/Ableton Live 9/KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Monitors
Saul
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ireland

Unread post by Saul » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:27 am

I heard back from my friend at Yamaha and he said
I'm pretty sure that VH will work if the chords are voiced in the right hand, as long as the chord detection area is switched from “Lower” to “Upper
Not sure if that helps as I don't have a Genos to try it on.
Saul
Site Admin
Follow Us On Facebook

Return to “Yamaha Genos Forum”